Aftermarket Wheels | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket Wheels

Decided the gangster wheels had to go. Gave me the excuse to spend my stimulus check ............ ;)
TSW Nurburgring w/ polished machine facings. The barrel is soft gray as are the flats of the tuning forks. Bought them at Discount Tire. Ordered them last thursday, they came in this morning. No fitment or balancing issues. Getting positive comments from strangers when I've stopped for gas, the grocery, etc.
View attachment 180083
View attachment 180084
What is the wheel size? 20’s or 21’s

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

in your opinion, How do you think the 305/45/20 tire would fit with your wheel specs? I am planning to use those (305/45) to be closer to the outside diameter of the factory tire.

in your opinion, How do you think the 305/45/20 tire would fit with your wheel specs? I am planning to use those (305/45) to be closer to the outside diameter of the factory tire.
Welcome to the Forum Ruben. As far as using that size to replace either the 255/65R18 or 255/55@20 tire size you should be okay as there is only a 0.2" difference in diameter.

Hi everyone!
I've just got myself a 2022 Explorer PHEV ST-Line, and upgraded it with some extra headlights (I live in moose-country) and a Borla exhaust.
However, the car doesn't really do the exhaust justice with the horrid OEM wheels.

The ST-Line in Norway comes with 255/55/20 wheels, and they need an upgrade.
But before I can do an upgrade, I need to know if there are differences between the models, and if there are differences between US and EU spec.
Does anyone here have any knowledge of this? I tried contacting my local dealer about this, but they told me to call an american dealer for answers.

Where can I get my inspiration? Is it the same fitment on the ST Line PHEV as it is on the ST? Are there any other limitations or changes between the models?
With the PHEV having the largest engine, I'm assuming it's also got the largest everything-else. But then again, we've all heard the story about assumptions and family relations. And ordering $5k worth of wheels online without know if they'll fit isn't an option.

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I just checked the Ford.com website and it looks like the ST-Line is only available here with the 2.3L Ecoboost engine. IT does not show it as being available as a PHEV in North America. The largest engine, the 3.0L Ecoboost (400 HP) is available in the ST and King Ranch.
As for the wheels, I'm guessing they are the same and the same guidelines would apply in that the new wheel/tire maximum diameter difference should not exceed 3% compared to OEM. The ST-Line and ST both have the 255/55R20 size according to the Ford website.

Peter

Konig Wheels SS88514355 Konig SSM Gloss Black Wheels with Machined Lip | Summit Racing is there any reason i cant run these with relative stock size tires? i want a little more pushed out wheel but nothing crazy. just going to run stock size tires with a at tread pattern. whats the factory offset pos45? these are pos 35 so they will be just roughly a half inch deeper offset. or should i step up to the 9 inch wide with the pos 22 offset? i want it to fill the fenders but not stick out past.

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I just checked the Ford.com website and it looks like the ST-Line is only available here with the 2.3L Ecoboost engine. IT does not show it as being available as a PHEV in North America. The largest engine, the 3.0L Ecoboost (400 HP) is available in the ST and King Ranch.
As for the wheels, I'm guessing they are the same and the same guidelines would apply in that the new wheel/tire maximum diameter difference should not exceed 3% compared to OEM. The ST-Line and ST both have the 255/55R20 size according to the Ford website.

Peter
Thank you! :)
In Norway I think the only engine option is the 3.0 PHEV (457 bhp), with the ST Line or Platinum trim levels. Strange that this isn't available in the US.
Now you have to start posting inspiration! I've been looking at the wheels from Vossen (HF-5 in 20x10), but they're just insanely expensive :p
1657690181072.png

Thank you! :)
In Norway I think the only engine option is the 3.0 PHEV (457 bhp), with the ST Line or Platinum trim levels. Strange that this isn't available in the US.
Now you have to start posting inspiration! I've been looking at the wheels from Vossen (HF-5 in 20x10), but they're just insanely expensive :p
View attachment 431530

do you know the offset of those? i want it to just fill the fender like that but i want to run a 18x8 or 18x9 wheel.

do you know the offset of those? i want it to just fill the fender like that but i want to run a 18x8 or 18x9 wheel.
No, I can't find that information on the website. It's in Vossens own gallery.

so it looks like the 20x10 vossen come in a+45. the 20x9.5 in +25. and the 20x9 are in +32 or +35. so it has to be the 9 or 9,5 inch wheels. i just wonder which it is?

I'll provide this again as it appears the questions are being asked and the information may have gotten buried.

Www.wheel-size.com

...provides detailed OEM wheel/tire specs on virtually every manufacturer.

so it looks like the 20x10 vossen come in a+45. the 20x9.5 in +25. and the 20x9 are in +32 or +35. so it has to be the 9 or 9,5 inch wheels. i just wonder which it is?
From the picture, I am 95% sure it's the 9,5 in +25. But I'd ask Vossen to be sure.

Back