• Register Today It's free!

Again with the Autodim stuff

Drummer1

Reaction score
City, State
Cave Creek ,Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4.6L Limited
Sorry to raise the dead here, but,I have read every post I could find on this and I am still stumped- I have made my relays for the autolamps , I have no idea what wire is for "headlights" or "parking lights"-I just need to know what ones to tap on a 2001 Sport, are they different for each year-I cant seem to locate a diagram either -all help is greatly appreciated!

sorry I should clarify- I know what wires are going to "headlights" and "parking lights" , however, I'm clueless as to what color wire the should be spliced into-I've seen in posts black/white for parking lamps and blue/orange (red/yellow is another) for headlights-is that correct? Auto dim is workin fine-just want those autolamps! thanks!

Parking Lights + ... White/Black or Brown (Depends on whether it's a newer or older 2001 model)
Parking Lights - ... White/Purple
Headlights + ....... Red/Yellow

All of these can be found at the headlight switch.

That's what I thought, thanks DjDom (you saved a little bit of my sanity from slippin away) I tapped into the red/yellow and the white/black and nothing-ugh, I didn't hear the relay click at all either, even when I went straight off the battery for power to the relay, probly fudged this up somehow ,most likely.

Back