Aggressive front bumper and roll pan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aggressive front bumper and roll pan

Ghost99

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Lawn IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport
OK, Here's my plan-I'm going to buy an aftermarket front bumper for a Ford Ranger. Modify it to fit my X. A buddy of mine makes fiberglass molds for Corvettes and said he'd help me set up a mold using the modified bumper. The bumpers will be made out of fiberglass. Just wondering who's interested in purchasing them? My guess would be around $500.00 ea. If you think about it Explorer Express sell an air damn for around $200.00.

Next, I'll make a bolt on steel roll pan for 96-2000 Explorers. My roll pan will be as long as the flares (with the top bump of the quarter flare fading to nothing on the side of the pan). I'll have 2 styles-with or without tunneled license plate mount. They'll run around $300.00.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its my understanding ranger front bumpers need very little modification to fit, ive seen a few X's with that stillen big mouth bumper nd they said it fit easily.

as far as the roll pan you'd have a lot of takers.

Any rollpan that is made cannot be called a "bolt on" because the framerails need to be cut.

I was thinking of that. I would give out a template of where you would cut. You would have to mount the roll pan to the body only...since there is movment between the frame and body.

As far as the front bumper...coo.. I haven't even tried a Ranger bumper yet. I'm just tossing the ideas out there.

the roll pan is sweet and go ahead and get the ranger bumper it may be harder than i was lead to believe. but if your gonna make the rollpan get on it, so many of us have been waiting forever for one, and i think big poppa is trying to get one made but not having to much luck wiht his fabricator

I just need more people willing to buy. Since I'll be the one fabricating them, they'll be little wait time after the first one is done.
I've worked for a street rod shop for the past 5 years. I've done several roll pans for rods in the past. I just modified a rear door on a 1947 Caddy Hearse to open like a "hatch," similar to the Explorer. I have the experience and can guaranty a quality part.

there are tons willing to buy, its just so many people keep saying they are gonan do it and never do. check out the other roll pan thread (org started by circa x). or check out the link in my thread, there is tons of interest just get one made (or a progres pics) and you w/ill have people sending you moeney left and right.

nnnick said:
there are tons willing to buy, its just so many people keep saying they are gonan do it and never do. check out the other roll pan thread (org started by circa x). or check out the link in my thread, there is tons of interest just get one made (or a progres pics) and you w/ill have people sending you moeney left and right.

since nothing was said again about it I guess it was another person who said they were going to do it and didnt. I would like to see some more accessories.

If you make a roll pan I will buy one.

Back