Air Bag Pictures please | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Air Bag Pictures please

95offroadx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
i dont know whats wrong with me today, but for some reason i want to have a lowered explorer, and when i mean low i mean low, i want air bags!... so i want to see some pictures of bagged explorers and its setup..

how hard is it to put air bags on a 1st gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
95offroadx said:
how hard is it to put air bags on a 1st gen?

Easy. They can go in the front seats or back seat. Doesnt matter. :D

041118_clinton_hmed_10a.h2.jpg

splat

Reaction score
City, State
cedar park, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Sport
While I was on Scrape-n-Customs website, here's a 1st Gen. They didn't have any pictures of it layed out, but there's one in the latest MiniTruckin':
ip_273.jpg

More Pics:
SNC

Also check out StreetSourceMag and go to Community/Owner Rides, you'll find a few in there.

finney

Reaction score
City, State
AUSTRALIA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97xlt
anyone one got pics of their installs?

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
just cause i get almost 2 feet of lift in the front and probably more than that in the rear dont mean ya gotta hate oh ya did i mention i still have heat and a/c also :) lol

roccov12345

Reaction score
City, State
Hopewell Junction, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer
Is it possible to bag the AWD Mounty? I know nothing about bags but I'd have the balls to try it if someone gave me some ideas.

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
ya but ur probably not gona lay out due to the transfer case if there is 1 and u would need custom cv shafts made to keep the front wheel drive

roccov12345

Reaction score
City, State
Hopewell Junction, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer
slammedxonair said:
ya but ur probably not gona lay out due to the transfer case if there is 1 and u would need custom cv shafts made to keep the front wheel drive

I'd be "ok" without laying the frame, I just want to get it down about another 2 to 3 inches than what it's at now. I have the torsion bars flipped with the screw out and 4 inch blocks in the rear. What do you think?

madeyoulook14

Reaction score
City, State
Miami,fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
still running on stock shocks...and leaf rear suspension for 5 years now... no probs...

303289_42_full.jpg

303289_32_full.jpg

being bodydropped now...

MIKE97

Reaction score
City, State
Keller, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' Sport
madeyoulook14

where did you buy your suspension at and how much was it nice truck

madeyoulook14

Reaction score
City, State
Miami,fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
my cousin and I did it ourselves...1 inch valves ...slam speciality bags...2 8 gallon air tanks ...1 nitrogen tank...belt driven air compressor...fbss

low_x_on_air

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' XLS

Mylomeister

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited
Nice X!! So, is it possible to bag a 4wd X, but just not body-drop it? I may want to bag my X in the future, so is a better idea to get a 2wd X and get that to bag and body-drop, or would I be satisfied with a bagged 4wd. Keep in mind that I'll need the 4wd for the winter, so if I was to get a 2wd, it would be my summer/"project" vehicle only...

I just want to know before I start modding what the best way to go is...Thanks

gluvsave35

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xlt v8
contact section525

he showed me this!!!! :D :D :D

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mylomeister

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited
Ok, well I've been looking on the internet at bagged Explorers and there is one that says, "This was a 4wd truck but we pulled the half shafts out for the bags." What does this mean?? Is that the only way to bag a 4wd?

Thanks for the help in advance... :thumbsup: