Air Bag Pictures please

95offroadx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
i dont know whats wrong with me today, but for some reason i want to have a lowered explorer, and when i mean low i mean low, i want air bags!... so i want to see some pictures of bagged explorers and its setup..

how hard is it to put air bags on a 1st gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

95offroadx said:
how hard is it to put air bags on a 1st gen?

Easy. They can go in the front seats or back seat. Doesnt matter. :D

041118_clinton_hmed_10a.h2.jpg

While I was on Scrape-n-Customs website, here's a 1st Gen. They didn't have any pictures of it layed out, but there's one in the latest MiniTruckin':
ip_273.jpg

More Pics:
SNC

Also check out StreetSourceMag and go to Community/Owner Rides, you'll find a few in there.

Does anyone even bag 1st gen X's???

Bags on I-beams suck... LOL

anyone one got pics of their installs?

prove it... LOL

just cause i get almost 2 feet of lift in the front and probably more than that in the rear dont mean ya gotta hate oh ya did i mention i still have heat and a/c also :) lol

Is it possible to bag the AWD Mounty? I know nothing about bags but I'd have the balls to try it if someone gave me some ideas.

ya but ur probably not gona lay out due to the transfer case if there is 1 and u would need custom cv shafts made to keep the front wheel drive

slammedxonair said:
ya but ur probably not gona lay out due to the transfer case if there is 1 and u would need custom cv shafts made to keep the front wheel drive

I'd be "ok" without laying the frame, I just want to get it down about another 2 to 3 inches than what it's at now. I have the torsion bars flipped with the screw out and 4 inch blocks in the rear. What do you think?

still running on stock shocks...and leaf rear suspension for 5 years now... no probs...

303289_42_full.jpg

303289_32_full.jpg

being bodydropped now...

madeyoulook14

where did you buy your suspension at and how much was it nice truck

my cousin and I did it ourselves...1 inch valves ...slam speciality bags...2 8 gallon air tanks ...1 nitrogen tank...belt driven air compressor...fbss

Nice X!! So, is it possible to bag a 4wd X, but just not body-drop it? I may want to bag my X in the future, so is a better idea to get a 2wd X and get that to bag and body-drop, or would I be satisfied with a bagged 4wd. Keep in mind that I'll need the 4wd for the winter, so if I was to get a 2wd, it would be my summer/"project" vehicle only...

I just want to know before I start modding what the best way to go is...Thanks

contact section525

he showed me this!!!! :D :D :D

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, well I've been looking on the internet at bagged Explorers and there is one that says, "This was a 4wd truck but we pulled the half shafts out for the bags." What does this mean?? Is that the only way to bag a 4wd?

Thanks for the help in advance... :thumbsup:

Back