• Register Today It's free!

Air Conditioning Issue

ctate2

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
My air conditioning has always seemed to not be very good since I originally purchased the explorer over a year ago. It blows cold when putting my hand on the vent but does not seem to cool down the car. It gets a lot worse when the air conditioning in the rear is turned on as well.

Its fine when I am by myself in the car because I just turn the passenger vent towards me but when I have others in the car I do not do this and everyone seems to complain about the AC not blowing cold enough. I have recently been noticing a ticking noise that happens every every 5-7 seconds when the AC is on but do not hear it when I turned the AC off.

Any Suggestions???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The ticking is the AC clutch engaging, and is normal. You may be low on freon. Have the pressure checked (if you don't know how to do it yourself). It could as simple as adding some freon.

It could also be your orifice tube is clogged to some degree. Checking that requires cracking the system open. If I were you, I'd start off with having the AC system serviced, if you've not had that done.

Is it possible to have a ticking noise just for the rear air? Front air seems to be fine, but rear air is giving me issues and not sounding too great.

your truck only has one compressor and therefore one a/c system. rear air is just extra ducting and it has it's own blower fan. if you hear a ticking from the rear, you may have an issue with the rear blower fan.

as far as the temp, as stated, your refrigerant may just be low.

There can be a lot of reasons behind a weak air conditioning. To avoid any air conditioning issue you should keep in mind a few things. The most obvious thing that something is up with your air conditioner is if you notice that the system is blowing warmer than it used to. Regular maintenance is the only solution to avoid all these air conditioning issues.

Re : Air conditioning issue

Air conditioner may suffer various problems if it is not having the regular service or repair.It my cause damage to AC system also.To prevent this , you must be know how to make your AC system in good working condition. For this, Call a professional AC Service man so that you will get the tips about how to make your Ac system in a good working condition and also if any kind of problem is your AC's having , it can be solved that time. Through this you can prevent Air conditioning issue and make your summer more comfortable then ever.

Summer is that time when you need to clean up your Air conditioners and switch them on to cool your home. But after no longer use it may bring some problems while working which may result to weak air conditioning.In order to resolve this Air conditioning issue you may call Ac repair man so that he can check and detect the problem.AC Repair Estero have well trained professional who are 24*7 available for their customers to tune up their Air Conditioning unit.

An air conditioner lowers the insides temperature, cools and cleans the air by forcing warmer air to release outside. If moisture or debris gets inside the air conditioner of a car it will fail to cool its surroundings. Maintaining the air conditioning system of your car regularly prolongs its lifespan. To avoid ac repair of your car, you should regularly replace its expansion valve, accumulators and receiver driers.

To avoid ac repair of your car, you should regularly replace its expansion valve, accumulators and receiver driers.
This is completely incorrect.
To maintain the a/c just keep the condensor clean, keep the intake area clean, if possible clean evaporator coil. Have the refrigerent level checked from time to time and make sure the serpentine belt is in good shape.

Components stated above never need replacement unless they fail or the system is left open for a long period of time.

I think posts 5, 6, 7, and 8 are bots. Each has one post, and three of them own 2011 beemers. And their writing and technical ability seems.......odd.

and not very smart ones either. The business that they are advertising is residential HVAC, not automotive A/C service.

I think posts 5, 6, 7, and 8 are bots. Each has one post, and three of them own 2011 beemers. And their writing and technical ability seems.......odd.

ac blowing not cold enough

There are many factors involved that affect the actual output temperature at the dash Air Conditioner vents. The amount of Freon in the system is extremely critical. This exact charge is so critical it is documented in the vehicle’s engine compartment down to the ounce. Sometimes when people try to recharge their system on their own they will actually overcharge the system which can cause poor cooling performance just as much as low Freon levels. In extreme examples an overcharge of refrigerant can even cause AC compressor damage and and noisy operation.

Back