• Register Today It's free!

air dams

96explorer

Reaction score
City, State
lafayette louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 eddie bauer
i have a question...i want to add an air dam to my x. but cant find much of a selection out there...i found some on explorerexpress.com and while there i looked at there gallery and seen some of those pix of the x's with those air dams and was curious if any1 had some links or knew where to get them....or if any other air dam might fit like for a ranger.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

EE's are Great. I have one on mine and love it. Not much else out there anyway. You could try and modify a Ranger one.

I have one from Honest Charley.

Attachments

• frontemblem.jpg
    frontemblem.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 193

Performanceproducts.com also has an airdam for 95-98 explorers. It looks pretty cool, you get to keep your factory fog lights and there are 2 holes in the middle for an addition 2 hella lights.

Oh, I forgot about the Honest Charley ones. They look pretty good too. I love the way JamesT's looks with his Smooth Bumper. Not sure about the look with the Hole over the Hole over the Hole, look with a stock bumper. Just my Opinion.

I am happy with the EE one on my 99.

Attachments

• eeairdam.jpg
    eeairdam.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 180

thee honest charleys look good. i think i will go with them. thanks for the info and pixs.

Originally posted by Black Magic
Al, what did you do to prep, paint or make the air dam match your factor y black plastic? Looks great!

Matt. the only black on my trucj was painted by me, it came chrome.

See the install of the air dam at Dead Link Removed

I know how it installs, and your chrome. But wasn't it white when you got it? It matches the black on your bumper perficly. I just wanted to know how you did that? Mine was white when I got it.

Sorry... I had to do some repair glass work, then sand, prime, and apply several coats of the matching flat black grill paint.

Back