air/heat is not switching when I switch controls (defrost/floor/etc) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

air/heat is not switching when I switch controls (defrost/floor/etc)

projectplatinum

Reaction score
City, State
Englewood, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport 4.0
Hey everyone, I'm new here as I signed up to find good info for use on my 95 sport trac. It is my winter vehicle so it will remain in stock form. I have just ran into some issues in the past month.

One is, now that it is cold in ohio, I turned the heat on and the heat was pouring out of the defrost vent. I look down to see that the control is actually set on the floor position! So I went through and switched all the different vents/positon and it just continues to blow heat out of the defroster vents. I assume there is a "flap" of some sort that switches where the air comes out? I didn't know what to tear into. So I wanted to ask you all if anyone has ran into this?

I did do a search to look for this info but I'm not coming up with any answers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The magic word is 'blend door'. Technically that's two words, but it still works.

shamaal said:
The magic word is 'blend door'. Technically that's two words, but it still works.

from what I understand from searching the blend door just controls in the hot or cold air is coming out of the vents. Somewhere I found that it says to take the glove box out to gain access to these controls. however It seems the vent position controls are what is not working.

Squeeze in the sides of the glovebox when open and it will drop down. You should be able to see the control terminations and the effect they have on the on the environmental switching system. I have a 91 so my pics won't help you.

Back