• Register Today It's free!

Air Intake for 1993 Mazda Navajo

Tristan

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
Navajo '93
Actually this is probably a 2 part question. I am looking to put a non-stock air intack on my '93 Navajo. Is KKM the best one to use or is there another? K&N has an air intake system, but not for a 1993 model year.
Are there others available?

I love my Navajo, but am trying to improve the mileage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you're stuck w/ KKM or home-made.

ifab.net makes an intake for your year. They make the part similar to the KKM(this is the one i bought), or you can get the full intake including the intake tube itself. Check out their site and i have seen them on ebay as well.

Thank you for the info! I was afraid of that...but I have heard good things about KKM. So I think that's the one I'll go with.

I ran into the same problem catback systems as magnaflow doesn't make one fo that year either(going with gibson)

Thank you again.

How do you like the one from ifab.net? I forgot about that one. The KKM sounds sweet, loud suction when you step on it.

BTW, does the kit come with a pipe and how is installation?

The KKM does not come with a pipe. The ifab one can come w/ or w/o one.

From what i understand from others on this site, the stock pipe is not really that restrictive on the X. To get the chrome one would be for looks mainly.

As far as intall, it was extremely easy. The biggest thing was to disconnect the battery for a good 15 min. to clear the PCM.

Well, like my Dad always used to say...."Looks aren't everything...but they sure do help!!! When you installed your KKM did you go with the stock tube or get a custom. I don't mind a couple of extra $$, because with my mileage, I think that the only direction I can go(knock on wooda) is up.

Originally posted by Purdue72
How do you like the one from ifab.net?

I love it! I got a good deal on mine from ebay. Brand new from ifab for $60 including shipping. It sounds great and really woke up my flowmaster 40. I also noticed a 2 mpg increase. If anyone is interested in seeing pics, just click the link in my sig.

Tristan, I just used the stock pipe. Works pretty good so far. Like I said it sounds good too. Don't know about mileage yet.

Great! Thank you. I will do that. As long as I'm putting the mod on, I just want to get the biggest bang for my buck.

I noticed that you have a flowmaster catback on your '93. How do you like it? Did you notice a difference in performance/mileage? I think that I'm going to go with Gibson but am always looking for feedback.

Well, let me first tell you that due to another issue I'm experiencing, I haven't driven it much.

When I have driven it, I really noticed a difference. It wasn't as loud as I'd hoped, yet that could either be that it's a 50 and not a 40 series or that it's a 4.0 and not a 302. Overall I'm happy with it. I bolted it on myself in about 15 minutes and while I have no leaks, I plan on getting it welded down the road sometime.

I've never heard anything bad about the Gibson, if thats what your wondering and on this site I think you'll find its probably 45/45 on Flowmaster/Gibson with some other brands in the mix.

Thank you for the feedback. I hope the sound is good, but I'm mainly looking to improve the performance of the engine. I'm probably going with Gibson.

Just about any catback you put on should do that.

Back