• Register Today It's free!

Air Intake help

97Mounty97

Reaction score
City, State
Port Huron, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
Okay so I was going to buy one of the ebay cold air intakes for my 97 mountaineer and I was looking at some pictures and everyone has a different looking air intake than mine...
Here are some pictures of my stock one and can anyone tell me how I would go about putting on one of the ebay CAI? If anyone has pictures of theres I'd love to see it. I'm lost on how to do it

Picture001_zps4dc1b1c6.jpg

Picture002_zps56dbc6c6.jpg

Picture003_zpsa1326d58.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That big round plastic pices comes apart, inside it is your mass flow. But it's got a tube around a tube is I remember right it snaps apart.

That big round plastic pices comes apart, inside it is your mass flow. But it's got a tube around a tube is I remember right it snaps apart.

Okay, I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow and see how it all comes apart but mine just seemed way different than what I have been seeing so I thought I would ask.
Thanks

It's the same as mine but I pulled all the plastic off Dow to just the maf. It was easy to do

It's the same as mine but I pulled all the plastic off Dow to just the maf. It was easy to do

Do you have a picture of it?

I can take a pic of what it looks like now after I removed the plastic.

1E50726B-9F4D-4B42-9DA2-EBDD9B645084_zpsicutu3iw.jpg
7AA19384-CCFC-4A3C-9072-639B6301EA2C_zpsvb4lzexa.jpg

No problem as you can see from the pic I made my cai or just cut the plastic housing a such so I could use a factory style filter. It's way cheaper

No problem as you can see from the pic I made my cai or just cut the plastic housing a such so I could use a factory style filter. It's way cheaper

It doesnt look to bad. But I'm going to get the ebay cai just because its only $34 and its red so it will jazz it up a little and match the rest of my mountaineer because I'm going all black with red accessories on it. Also if anything ever happens with the ebay one I'll have to stock one to put back on if needed

Any links to which one you got?

Back