Air Intake Thread? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air Intake Thread?

looking for an Intake thread, just looking for different opinions on the different intakes that are available, be it KKM, K&N,Secret Weapon Etc....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice explorer u got there keep up the good work and also welcome to the forum

I'm planning to get the $25 Autozone cone for my 4.0L. A friend of mine has one on his F-150 4.6, and he claims better performance from it, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper then the K&N, KKM, etc. kits.

I think your stock airbox is the same as mine, where the MAF housing and airbox are one piece, right? If so, you just need to cut the box off past the MAF housing, and you'll be good to go.

i saw somewhere where K&N filters let in more dirt then any other filter. I think Aldive (drives a 1999, average 30+ miles a gallon highway) uses an Amsoil filter.

good luck.

MAC intakes are good as well.

well, i made the decision, found the K&N for a pretty good price.

http://www.carparts.com/autoparts/I...0815826/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:10000037769810815826

my first run with truck was 13.6 MPG, i must admit i burried the pedal a couple of times to get a feel for her, so MPG is a little bias. hopefully after intake, fuel filter, and some plugs, i'll do better in the MPG dept.

any thoughts on Plugs?

autolites

i read somewhere on the site that they may be the maker for the ford O.E.M. plugs. but i know in our Exploresr. Autolites run the best...

if you're searching for good mileage in an Explorer, then Aldive's "My Quest for 30" is a must read.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44372&highlight=quest

it's worth reading. lots of tips. good luck.

thx, yes aldives thread is very informative. just doin the basics to start, then i'll get heavy into it.

i never would of suspected autolites, i'll have to look into it.

Thx again

were did you read autolites run best josh?

were did you read autolites run best josh?

many places around this site. but mostly whatever Aldive says i'll trust. i used to run bosch platinums for about 3 yeras, and a "million mile warranty"... right... i was having to replaced them every 8-9 months, they'd perform great and then BAM it'd start sputtering.

but i'm going to be running autolites with the screamin deamon coil pack in the near future.

Just Received and installed the Intake today, im very pleased with it so far, not noisy at at normal pace, but when i stomp on her she growls pretty good. i'll see where MPG goes, im looking into a Dual outlet Exhaust right now(if i can find one!), Maybe even True duals

Back