air intake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

air intake

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

KKM True-Rev, best price/quality you'll find for a the cone filter setup. Also, you should do some searching as far as the advice goes. There's plenty to be found for intake opinions.

Air Intakes

Hello all!

I am new to the forum as I just aquired a 93 explorer sport. It has been well kept but has no modification. I was looking at the KKM filter system as noted above. Can this be used with K&N filters and if so is this preferable?

Jared, i bought the same intake kit for my 5.0 X, and it worked out good. Only problem was he sent me a red filter instead of blue, stupid jackass

that intake listed on ebay says it will fit the 91-94, but the tube doesn't look like it will work. is that right?

Correct, it looks like the intake tube for 95+ OHVs only.

I'd just get the KKM.

Re: Air Intakes

Originally posted by Oakheart
Hello all!

I am new to the forum as I just aquired a 93 explorer sport. It has been well kept but has no modification. I was looking at the KKM filter system as noted above. Can this be used with K&N filters and if so is this preferable?

The KKM replaces any K&N or stock airbox setup you may have. You can't run a K&N and a KKM at the same time.

Since you live in Kansas City, you can go right to KKM's warehouse/distributorship and pick one up! I think they are located up by KCI (the airport).

quick question... Does the KKM use a 3 inch or 3.5 inch filter?

for the price of that ebay one you can just get a MAC:
8559347654_6.jpg

Im the one that won that auction. I bought it because i didnt want to buy the KUSTOM because im paying like 10bucks more for the filter and the aluminum cyclinder.

Thanks bought the KKM and the X is much happier

i woulda gone with that ebay setup. I think the KKM is way overpriced for just the filter and adapter..Buyers remoarse.

yeah I can see taht but since I got mine with out shipping it wasn't too bad.

Back