• Register Today It's free!

Air Lift?

countrygirl15

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
06' Explorer Eddie Bauer
Are there Air Lifts/Air bag lift for a EX06?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should just go with the truxxx lift its pretty cheap and real simple to install its used by many here so you know it's atleast decent

Where do you go to find the custom lift? I just googled it and nothing came up.

Well you would need to Google "custom air bag suspension in <wherever you live>". Or something like that. What you're looking for is a shop local to you that does these kinds of conversions. They're probably going to need your explorer for a while to figure out what parts they need and how much fabrication they need to do.

Funny, I had a dream a while ago that my truck was on air. I'd do it but I know it couldn't handle the abuse I throw at this truck.

If you haven't committed to anything yet, try "ride-rite air springs". A quality product I installed on my 08 Ranger 4x4 for hauling my snowmobile on 7 hour round trips to buddy's cottage. All the difference in the world. If just leveling, shouldn't need on-board compressor. If "loading up" occasionally, air comp. is really nice (load of firewood to cottage, etc...). Cost was reasonable.

If you haven't committed to anything yet, try "ride-rite air springs". A quality product I installed on my 08 Ranger 4x4 for hauling my snowmobile on 7 hour round trips to buddy's cottage. All the difference in the world. If just leveling, shouldn't need on-board compressor. If "loading up" occasionally, air comp. is really nice (load of firewood to cottage, etc...). Cost was reasonable.

There's not way to fit such a product onto a 4th gen Explorer - it uses IRS.

We would have to get a Land Rover style strut with and air bellow spring. Doubt it's worth the effort.

There's a air bag company, and the bag goes inside the strut, it will give the explorer high but the shocks would do nothing my buddy has them on his work truck and asked me if I wanted to do it to my explorer as a project but i didn't want to

Back