• Register Today It's free!

Air Suspension?

synyster

Reaction score
City, State
Hammond IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
Alright I've been looking for more info on a bagged explorer. All I can find is the rear support bags for a 01-05 sport trac. Is there ANY place that sells the whole system?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was wondering the same thing, I ran into a Mounty that had airbags about a month a ago, but it was from California, I'm from Utah, big difference in shops and resources. Can anyone enlighten me if we can bag a 02 V8 Ford Explorer?

They can be bagged, although I don't know of any kit for them. I saw one in Kentucky. He said it was all custom and he still had 4wd.
Here is a link to one in Truckin' (not the one I saw): Bagged X

Bagging a 95-02 ex is difficult to say the least in the fact that it will take time, money, and effort. Even if you are not doing the work, there is no kit roughly but parts put together. There are few things that will be harder to have made due to the fact they simply do not exist. Here is a list of how much really is involved.

- Drop spindles (to be fabricated)
- Steering limiters
- Ranger C-Notch from cando specialties
- 4 or 5 linked rear (usually the hardest part besides spindles)
- Mounts for actual airbag
- Chopping a huge section of your trunk area floor to allow the desired look of laying frame on the ground.
- Wheel tubs

Now that said, that is just fabrication (your looking at a month of downtime, unless you found a shop that will work on your vehicle till its done and then move to the next customer). That does not include bags, pumps, fittings, or plumbing needed (hardware). To say the least its 5k, are you ready to shell it out is the question.

Note: I am not discouraging you in any way to do this but simply understand its not an easy task when comparing it to a say a chevy blazer.

Bagging a 95-02 ex is difficult to say the least in the fact that it will take time, money, and effort. Even if you are not doing the work, there is no kit roughly but parts put together. There are few things that will be harder to have made due to the fact they simply do not exist. Here is a list of how much really is involved.

- Drop spindles (to be fabricated)
- Steering limiters
- Ranger C-Notch from cando specialties
- 4 or 5 linked rear (usually the hardest part besides spindles)
- Mounts for actual airbag
- Chopping a huge section of your trunk area floor to allow the desired look of laying frame on the ground.
- Wheel tubs

Now that said, that is just fabrication (your looking at a month of downtime, unless you found a shop that will work on your vehicle till its done and then move to the next customer). That does not include bags, pumps, fittings, or plumbing needed (hardware). To say the least its 5k, are you ready to shell it out is the question.

Note: I am not discouraging you in any way to do this but simply understand its not an easy task when comparing it to a say a chevy blazer.

I think what you are describing is a little extreme. If the OP is thinking anything like I would do, it's to lower the vehicle no more than 2"s and have a smoother ride.

For a 02-10 Explorer, I don't see it being as complicated as one thinks(fabrication seems simple.) The only issue I have is lack of money to do it:(

95-01's seem simple enough, twist the torsion bars to lower the front enough to get a proper alignment and add lowering blocks to the rear.

Now if he's wanting to lay frame and whatnot, that's a different story;)

I just want adjustable suspensions...I don't want to drag "gas tank" as we say around here lol. I just want a nice way to lower the truck thats not a static drop. This way when I tow, which is only occasionally, I would like to be able to control my ride height.

Back