Airbag Code 36 - Replaced Seats - Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Airbag Code 36 - Replaced Seats - Help!

Scapin59

Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'2000 Eddie Bauer
I recently replaced seats on my Eddie Bauer 2000 Explorer with seats from the same year from the Bone Yard. Then .... flashing lights!

I have read every article i can find.

Here is what I understand.

1. The airbags are specific to each vehicle.
2. The seatbelts may be specific and have a code.
3. Wiring harness may be an issue.

I have cleaned the plugs to no avail. I am out of ideas and really need help. Are the airbags in danger of going off on their own? Sheesh, I am starting to miss my old crappy leather seats, instead of these decent looking leather seats!

Please help tell me where to start!

THANK YOU!

passenger side airbag

The code "3 7" means incorrect resistance in the side airbag circuit for the passenger seat. As I recall "3 6" means the same thing for the side airbag circuit for the driver seat. The vehicle is wired for side airbags but not all seats have them. Seats that don't have a side airbag have a simulator (precision resistor with the same value as the actual airbag) installed in the connector. If your old seats had side airbags and your replacement seats don't then you need the simulators.

I had code 36 and it turned out to be the connector under the passenger seat was loose

Back