Airbag Light After Interior Swap

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Swapped out my tan cloth interior awhile back with new black carpet, and full power (black leather) front seats. My original drivers seat was just 6 way power, new one is 10-way, passenger is now power, original wasn't.

After I bought my X, I gutted the interior and power washed the carpet, deep cleaned the cloth seats, etc and would experience a random airbag light. About 3 minutes after a passenger would get in, my airbag light would come on (and stay on) until they got out, it would go off shortly after.

I never really looked into it, but now I swapped my interior out, with used seats from another 4th gen. I have an ELM27 wifi OBD2 adapter, along with DashCommand on my iPad in the dash, and was able to get the codes from it.

B2290 and B2292.
One code is for the passenger Occupant Classification System module fault and the 2292 is passenger side seat belt pretensioner. I had to make my own harness, but I am 100% sure all connections are secure, and making contact.

What should I check to get this light off? Its bugging me beyond words now.

(Its on from the time I start my X, til the time I shut it off. No flashing, nothing. Just solid on)

Back