Airbag light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Airbag light

jeffwhiteis

Reaction score
AIR BAG LIGHT BLINKS 3 TIMES FOR 10 TIMES.

AIRBAG light on, showing code #b2292 I've read in some other posts that the light can be jumpered for it to go completely off. Will this work for this code and 2003 Ford Explorer. If so, how is done again, and where are the wires to do this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT Sport that the airbag warning light started flashing. I counted the flashes and researched the code. Safeing Sensor. Could be in the seat, the wiring, or the clock spring. Visually checked what I could. I've replaced clock springs when I was a technician. So I feel confident to tackle it myself. I procrastinated. The other day cleaned the inside. My big white dog left hair everywhere. I vacummed under and around everything. Even the seat belt connectors, around the steering column covers, dash, vents, etc, etc. Then wiped everything down with Armour All cleaning cloths. Now the light is off. Don't know what I did. By-the-way, the people who owned this before me had three little kids. They all ate in the car a lot. It was loaded with bits of candy and fast food in every crack and crevice. I found a half empty McD's chocolate shake under the seat. My wife found a petrified french fry down in the seatbelt latch. It took me 4 hours to clean it out the first time. So, when I cleaned it the other day, I may have sucked up a bit of crud that was causing a problem.

I have a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT Sport that the airbag warning light started flashing. I counted the flashes and researched the code. Safeing Sensor. Could be in the seat, the wiring, or the clock spring. Visually checked what I could. I've replaced clock springs when I was a technician. So I feel confident to tackle it myself. I procrastinated. The other day cleaned the inside. My big white dog left hair everywhere. I vacummed under and around everything. Even the seat belt connectors, around the steering column covers, dash, vents, etc, etc. Then wiped everything down with Armour All cleaning cloths. Now the light is off. Don't know what I did. By-the-way, the people who owned this before me had three little kids. They all ate in the car a lot. It was loaded with bits of candy and fast food in every crack and crevice. I found a half empty McD's chocolate shake under the seat. My wife found a pertified french fry down in the seatbelt latch. It took me 4 hours to clean it out the first time. So, when I cleaned it the other day, I may have sucked up a bit of crud that was causing a problem.

I've got my fingers crossed!!

Back