• Register Today It's free!

Airbox mod

heyitsben5

Reaction score
City, State
san marino ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
none
after reading a few posts about the swiss cheese airbox and such i decided to remove my air box and which is buy no means easy and took the swiss cheese a step further by cutting off the front part of the box and then drilling 5 holes in the box 1/4 inches in diameter, then using steel window screen sections attached that to the box using the 1/4 inch nuts bolts and washers 2 on each side and one on the bottoms this allows me to have more airflow but also no larger particales comming up into my air box

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, there is air entering your engine that is only filtered by window screen?

What's with the Mac air intake in your signature?

I hope you've got an actual filter on there.

heyitsben5 said:
after reading a few posts about the swiss cheese airbox and such i decided to remove my air box and which is buy no means easy and took the swiss cheese a step further by cutting off the front part of the box and then drilling 5 holes in the box 1/4 inches in diameter, then using steel window screen sections attached that to the box using the 1/4 inch nuts bolts and washers 2 on each side and one on the bottoms this allows me to have more airflow but also no larger particales comming up into my air box

From where did you get your H.P. and TQ numbers from?Just curious

I think he meant he chopped the front and then covered it with a mesh screen...but still has the filter in. That's just my guess

O yea *600th post* :D

heres what i did with mine...somthing similer if i read that right..
104412.jpg

i have sense finished how it looks it alittle more. i do plan to add some ducting from the front later on.

haha

haha sorry to confuse u guys i have a mac intake i didnt remove the bottom part of the air box so i cut the front part off and put the window screen over that but i left the back part to serve as a partial heat sheild i jsut wanted to get rid of that funnel thingy and when i took that out i was sjut like hey ill cut the front part off and cover it so yea sorry for the confusion

heyitsben5 said:
haha sorry to confuse u guys i have a mac intake i didnt remove the bottom part of the air box so i cut the front part off and put the window screen over that but i left the back part to serve as a partial heat sheild i jsut wanted to get rid of that funnel thingy and when i took that out i was sjut like hey ill cut the front part off and cover it so yea sorry for the confusion
Can you start over and repeat yourself. Slower this time. :confused:

why not just install it the right way?

"238 hp 252 ft/lbs" Where did you come up with these numbers?

off-road97Xplor said:
Can you start over and repeat yourself. Slower this time. :confused:

lmao :D

:confused: most confusing thread ever :confused:

MONMIX said:
:confused: most confusing thread ever :confused:
Even I am cornfused :confused:
Thats unheard of :D

spindlecone said:
Even I am cornfused :confused:
Thats unheard of :D

AND you and Al agreed !!!!!!!!!!!!!
All in one night !!!!!!!!!!!!
What is this world comming to ?
:D

I bet he used the G-Tech, the most advanced piece of equipment in determining power and torque.

MONMIX said:
AND you and Al agreed !!!!!!!!!!!!!
All in one night !!!!!!!!!!!!
What is this world comming to ?
:D
Al may have had a stroke, we are elders ya know :D

huskyfan23 said:
I bet he used the G-Tech, the most advanced piece of equipment in determining power and torque.
G-tech is a piece of crap
you can have mine for 10 bux, plus shipping

The "heat shield" in the front doesnt do anything in case you were wondering...im actually thinking that it hinders performance because now less air enters through the front(seeing as how on the stock setup there was a spot for air to come in through the front of the vehicle)...but thats just my opinion...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

spindlecone said:
G-tech is a piece of crap
you can have mine for 10 bux, plus shipping
Very tempting.. $10 for a piece of crap ;)

Back