Akcrogers' 92 X - Lots of Pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Akcrogers' 92 X - Lots of Pics

I've been on here way too long to not have a page for the X, and since my it is "done" (for at least a little while), I guess I don't have an excuse. [Pics below all this mumbo-jumbo]

Basics:
'92 Explorer, 5.5" Superlift w/ Superunner Steering and 3" Trailmaster BL. 33" BFG A/T on 15x10 rims. Superlift Shocks, Rancho Stabalizer, ProComp Stainless Brake Lines.

Performance Mods:
Jet Chip, K&N Filter, Gibson Performance Exhaust, drilled airbox.

Styling:
Herculineritus, Bushwacker Extenda-Fender Flares, Lund Bugshield, Vent Shades, Grill Cover, Floormats, Hoodscoops, Rear Spoiler, Smittybilt Taillight Guards, and anOutland Grill Guard in the garage.

Lighting:
Blue headlights, reverse lights, license plate lights, tirefly tire lights, hood/washer lights. PIAA 2 ion crystal fogs to go under bumper switched with dims, 2 ion crystal driving lights for bumper switched with brights installed, 5 Xtreme white driving lights for the roof on standalone switches installed, 2 big reverse lights, 2 white/blue interior accent lights.

Audio:
JVC KD-SH99 MP3/CD head unit. This a sweet deck, I highly recomend it to anyone, 200+ songs on one cd is incredible. Jensen 220 watt amp hooked to two audiovox 10s in a custom storage/speaker box in the back. I know the amp and speakers are crap, but they sound good for now, and I don't have the want or cash to get good components, rather spend my $ on the 4wd side of things.

Whats Left: 35s. However, I can't afford 150 $/tire rubber + the gears to be able to run them right now, so thats on hold. In the longer term, the poor little 4.0L V6 is starting to tap. It looks like a 302 is out of the question due to crapy Alaska emissions crap, so if I can't do the 302, it will just have to get a rebuilt, supercharged v6 when this one dies. Also on the list is a new tranny.

d01.jpg

d02.jpg

df02.jpg

df03.jpg

dr01.jpg

dr02.jpg

f01.jpg

pf01.jpg

pf02.jpg

pr01.jpg

Thats it for now. Hope you enjoyed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice:cool:

:chug: :chug:

nOW LETS SEE SOME WHEELIN PICS. WOOOHOOO

Looks awesome, good job Chris!

Mud? Whats mud?! (jk)
Just waiting on some rain and it will get muddy.:D :D :D

Nice truck, man. Lots a mods, very cool. :cool:

:drools:

That truck is craving 35's! Where did you get your rear spoiler?

gotta ask, where'd you get the light bar for the roof??? me likes:D

:chug: :chug:

Thanks guys, the X is purring right now, it loves all the compliments.

The rear spoiler is a Lund Windjammer. you can find them on ebay occasionally, but check Lund's website for dealers in your area.

The light rack is actually a clamp-on "Q-Tower" Yakima roof rack. It used to be one of the mounts for a snowboard rack. I found a factory rack on a 99 at a junk yard, and put that on for the snowboards, and then had light tabs mounted on one of the yakima rack. I actually still have my other bar if anyone wants it. I need to check its condition really quick, but I think its all good. $40 + shipping if it is. Then your just looking at about 20-30$ in welding (unless your a welder).

still got the light rack bar?

Yep, but I'm in Maine, and won't be back until Sept 5. PM me if you want it.

Originally posted by akcrogers
Yep, but I'm in Maine, and won't be back until Sept 5. PM me if you want it.

What the heck are you doing in Maine?? Talk about a cross country journey from the Western most part to the Eastern most part.

how would u sell it for and how much for shipping to 98908.

Server crash, I'll get these pics back up again soon.

Sorry that took me so long. I totally forgot about it, and then just got busy....

But they are back up now!

I've been wheeling a good bit this winter, so I'll try to get some shots of that up too.

Chris I am going to have to come up to Fairbanks and wheel with you. Maybe I can talk my other buddy Chris too. To make a trip up there with me.

Sounds good, although I'm taking it kinda easy right now. The front springs are starting to sag pretty bad (stupid ranger springs), so I've been trying not to drive it too much until I have the $/time to replace them. But we'll have to do a run sometime for sure.

Slap some F150 spacers under the coils.

Hey, I know where those pictures were taken. Those were at Creamers Field right next to the fair grounds. I've been by there dozens of times. Good to see you finally got your lift kit on there. Should have went with skyjacker though. lol. Maybe even SAS. Oh well, looks good though. Too bad I'm not still up there to go wheeling with ya! I wish we could have met while I was up there. Oh well. You will have to take a trip to AZ sometime. Its about as far away as Maine is from Fbks.

Have a good one.

Andy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back