• Register Today It's free!

alarm/keyless entry

sim69

Reaction score
City, State
leicester,england,uk
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 eddie bauer
Hi i`ve got a 93 explorer when i brought the vehicle the key/alarm fobb was broken,so disconnected alarm/immobiliser.Have got a new fobb but don`t know how to program it to the vehicle,i had some instructions that said jump connectors behind panel but can`t find any loose leads etc,any help would be appreciated.
Thnaks simon :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look for a 2-wire plug, (white/yellow & gray/yellow wires ) --- taped to a wire bundle, of wires behind the panel in the rear next to the rear window washer bottle. ( also where gloves & jack are stored ) .. Short wires for a moment.. door locks should click.

Now operate your new KEY FOB.... info should now be in memory. Return everything to nornal. (( you can do this for several KEY FOBS )) Good Luck !! JACK3

P.S. Key must be on when programming the KEY FOB

i have a 92 eddiebr and didnt get a key fob... was this a standard issue or do i have to do aftermarket?

I believe in 91' and 92' there was no factory installed alarm system. Only a Code Alarm tagged FORD dealer installed alarm systems which were available on all 1st. gen explorers from the dealer. Factory systems were I believe available starting in 93' as an option. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Hey I've got a 92 XLT and it's got the "Kill Switch" under the dash. My question is, is there a way to disconnect it or to program a key fob for the alarm and or door locks? It has power everything. I've tried the turn the key on and off a few times to see if the locks jump, nothing happens. I have had other peoples key fobs set off my alarm. Funny experience let me tell you. Any one with any info to drop on me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... :exp:

Sounds like you may have the dealer installed alarm. Look for a small black box ty-strapped to the steer column above the brake pedal. The plastic box may have a small white adjusting knob. This would be the adjustment control for shock sensor control. Do you have the red valet light also installed somewhere on the dash and does the light also push in like a mementary switch? If so, let me know and i'll let you know the FCC ID# for that system and you can purchase an key fob from the i-net or ebay.

Keyless

My X has the red valet light but it doesn't push like a button it is just a light. It goes off when the button under the dash is pushed. It's a pain in the *ss sometimes but I will check the box today, thanks and I'll post again when I find the box. I appreciate the help. It'd be great to get a fob for it.

Found The Box

Ok so now I found the little black box with the white knob... I didn't see any part numbers on it though if you could tell me what I need to get it would be a great help. My brother-in-law runs the service department at my local Ford dealer. He was no big help to figure this out but he can get me parts no problem. I am willing to order from E-bay or other places online too. If you need FACTORY parts let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do. Thanks again. Oh yeah what does that little white knob do? I didn't wanna turn it cause I don't want any problems with it. I am new to the SUV scene. I have spent most of my time in little rice burners. But I decided it was time to grow up and get a big boys toy...

The white knob adjust the sensitivity of the shock sensor for the alarm system. Your system is a Code Alarm brand system used by ford for the dealer installed systems back in the early 90's. Do a search on ebay for the key fob. Look for the FCC ID# GOH-MM6-101890 Just search for the number. Right now 5 came up. It doesn't matter what vehicle it may have originally applied to just so long as the FCC ID# is the same it will work. Programming is as follows...
This system has 4 remote memory slots.
for 1 transmitter you need to program it 4 times
for 2 transmitters you need to program each 2 times
for 4 transmitters you need to program each 1 time.
Just make sure all 4 slots are filled.

1. Open drivers side door and leave open.
2. Turn ign. to Run position
3. Press and hold over-ride button (under dash) in for 15 seconds (system will chirp)
4. release over-ride/programming button ( system is now in learn/program mode)
5. wait 5 seconds.
6. press arm button on 1st. transmitter (system will chirp to indicate first slot filled)
7. repeat step 6 over until all 4 slots have been filled with all transmitters.
8.Turn ign. off to exit learn mode.
9. Close doors toreset system.

Hope this helps...
Vance

Before you spend money on the fob's try the programming mode up to step 4 to make sure you can enter programming mode. If you get the chirp after 15 sec's. then just turn the key off and order a fob from ebay.

Hey thanks for all of the help I am ordering a new Key Fob today. All the advice you guys have given me has really helped. Hopefully the fobs will get here before the next big storm. I hate having to go out in the rain to shut the damn thing off.
~Justin

Ugh Still Nothing...

Well my brother-in-law hooked me up with a few fobs but I can't get the damn thing to chirp. I tried to hold the override for 15 seconds like you said and nothing happened... What's the deal. Is my truck destined to be a pain in the *ss or am I just missing something? You said try it before I bought any fobs. Was there a reason? I got them for free so it's no big deal but any more help you could give would be great. I'm just hoping I can use what I have instead of having to yank it all out and spend some dough on a new one. You seem to have way more knowledge on this than anyone else I've talked to so I figure if it can be fixed you'd be the one to talk to. Once again I really appreciate your help. Thanks.
Justin

You may have an older CodeAlarm system... Try these instructions to program...

1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Wait until dome light goes out.
3. Perform the followin 3 steps all within 5 seconds
a. Turn ign. key to "ON" position
b. Using the vehicles dimmer switch turn the dome lights ON,OFF,ON,OFF,ON,OFF
for a totoal of 3 times.
c. Turn ign. switch off
4. The doors locks and siren will cycle 3 times to indicate the module has entered program mode. If the system did not cycle 3 times repeat the above step by using the drivers door pin switch in door jamb.
5. Press Arm button on transmitter to program
6. All other transmitters also need to be programmed at this same time.
7. Programming is now complete.

The reason I siad to try instructions first was so that if you could not get your system to enter programming mode then you didn't waste any money. If the above doesn't work try following the wiring on the shock sensor ty-starpped to your steer column. It should end up at the control module probably located behind the plastic kick panel on drivers side. On the back of the module it may have all the manufacturer info on what brand alarm system you have along with the FCC ID#.

Nice Thanks

Hey thanks for all of your help. I will make the attempts in the morning. Right now it's raining like nobodies buisiness here in good ole Beantown. Nor'Easter in May I really wish I had some M/T's the Blue Hills would be great this weekend. But anyways. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks again.
Justin

Wow

Ok so now that it stopped raining I tried the ways you told me. Nothing worked I haven't gotten a chirp out of that damn thing in days now. So I decided to try to find the FCC# and this is what I came up with. FCC ID# GOH-052-RMTPL, when I googled this number the only thing I got was from some guy with a Subaru impreza. I know that the alarm is able to go in tons of vehicles but he didn't say how to program it just how to wire it. He also states that it was in his 95 Impreza and was also available in the 2000 Scooby too. I don't know why I can't find it on a Ford or how to program it but if you could help me out again I would be greatly indebted to you. I had to run outside in the torrential downpours to shut the alarm off when it decided to sound for 2 hours. Thanks again. Am I just missing something here or what? The box with the white knob says Ford, and the relay box with all the wires says call 1800-Ford-key. I didn't want to stay on hold for hours so I hung up. do you think it's a Mickey Moused alarm put together by some Jack*ss or is it supposed to be this way?
Justin

Well, for now you can unplug the wire harness from the alarm module to prevent it from setting off the alarm or unplug the siren. The GOH in the FCC ID# tells me that it is a Code Alarm brand system. The instructions I told you are the only programming instructions that I know and they are for the post and prior 93' systems. I guess its possible the alarm module could be bad especially if it keeps setting off without you even arming the system. You could do like I did... I bought a new alarm replacement of ebay for $15.00 and replace my module and both key fob's. Here is a brand new older code alarm replacement like the one I got that might just plug right into your existing alarm wiring and it comes with 2 fobs. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33721&item=7976536465&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW This auction ends in 2 days and is only at $10 right now. Or you can try to find a model number off the system and go to http://www.code-alarm.com and look for the manual for the alarm or try their tech. support dept. at 1-800-421-3209. I would try tech support first. Hope this helps.

I read this when I had a problem with my dealer installed code alarm pro 1000se over the 4th of July weekend, " When I needed my explorer the most for camping which I bought it for in the first place, "I got the Dad really needed this soup up xlt to for camping you know. " ;(..... It was similar to the code alarm pro 1100 which I saw in another reply regarding this issue. The two simliar things that I found looking at their set up regarding their anti-theft device specifically RE: Cut off switch, Dead stick, will not start. " The ignition system needs a juice in order to start ". If you look at the pro 1000se, you will have a 2 blues and 6 to 8 reds, can't remember the number of reds. The blue is the power supply and completes the ignition system cycle, the reds are the sensors......YOU CAN BYPASS THE CUTOFF AND ALSO ELIMINATE POWER TO THE UNIT IN ONE SWIFT MOVE . ON THE UNIT ITSELF, DISCONNECT THE 2 BLUE WIRE LOCATED ON TOP OF THE UNIT, THEN GET A YELLOW 20 AMP FUSE AND CONNECT THESE 2 WIRES TOGETHER, You should have one already located in your fusebox right below the steering column. THERE YOU HAVE IT, THE UNIT WILL NOW START UP, YOU WILL OF COURSE LOOSE THE USE OF YOUR KEYLESS, BUT if you were in need of your vehicle who cares... By the way before you connect the 2 blues together you might want to mark one of them with a marker so if you want to connect them in the future you will know... By the way you are now completely basic car theft 101. If you still have a problem e-mail me... This took me a night sleep, a prayer, and 2 hours online to figure out before returning to camp...

I Think I got It

I have now figured out how to make the system chirp. I'm not sure if my key fob is bad or if the alarm is just weird. Does the key fob ID# have to match the number on the box under the dash or should others work as well?
I would really like to get this programmed correctly, it's only taken me a few months now to get this thing to chirp for me without someone else setting the alarm off. Any more help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Justin

okay I bought an after market transmitter and programed it all is well but I would like to ajust sensor and unable to locate it looked all over under dash above pedles ect can not find black unit with white button ?????is it different for 94 models it's a factory alarm any help with this would be great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back