• Register Today It's free!

alarm problem

nyrice99

Reaction score
City, State
pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer limited
i have a 1994 ford explorer last night the alarm went off no matter what i did i could not turn it off untill i discoed the battery. Reconnected the battery and it started going off again i to want disable the alarm altogether what do i do the horn was honking the lights were flashing and the green anti theft light was blinking

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you fegure this out? if so what was it?

look in or around the interior fuse box for the reciever/ controler and pull it out along with the fuse.

What type of alarm is this. Is it a factory type system or aftermarket. Also, does it have any starter disable or remote start capabilities. if it does it is wired into the ignition switch circuit and the entire alarm harness would have to be removed, and the ign switch hooked up back to normal. I install alarms and if you give me year make model and the brand/model of the alarm, i can tell you what has to be removed.

had the exact same problem with the alarm, i had disconnected the battery to do some stereo work and reconnected it and the alarm went off non stop, i ended up cutting the wires to the alarm speaker under the hood, and still got the flashing dash and head lights but after bout 10 minutes of letting them flash it quit and i havnt had a problem with it since... my alarm was real sensitive to other peoples remotes for their cars, id be at work and someone would lock their car, and my alarm would go off!

Back