AlaskanJack going solid soon!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AlaskanJack going solid soon!!

Oh I had read that with the solid axle low pinion and at full flex the driveline angle would bind and cause problems. My chief concern was the front because it is so much shorter than the rear. My current rear driveshaft will more than likely work and need to be cut down since its not a stock shaft. My front shaft will definitely need replacing

I was going to swap out the pinion yokes to match the 1310 ujoint set up currently run.

But I do hear what you are saying. I could keep the shafts and use the yokes to match up with the axle end of the shafts.

So no mention was made of the radius arms and drop brackets. I am planning on using the ones off the EB or maybe getting the Wild Horse ones with the adjustable Caster I saw another person use. But then I also plan on checking into the price on a 4 link set up and see how much that would be. I have a local fabricator that is supposed to get back to me on a price. He also just happens to be the same guy that makes everyones hydraulic steering components and rocksliders.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Brandons
Seeing this makes me want a lift even more, i cant afford one but someday. Kinda off Kurts post, but how hard is it to install a 5.5" lift on a 94 explorer thats got rust?

Good luck kurt!

Air chisel and grinder will make faster work of it. But I did a skyjacker lift on a buddy 93 sport with him. It took a few evenings. He had a 4x4 shop do the SOA in the rear and set up the pinion angle for him. Cost was like $150 for that which was probably worth it.

It really wasn't that bad on the front just time consuming having to cut the rivets off.

ok, someday il get a lift just for the record.

Originally posted by AlaskanJack

So no mention was made of the radius arms and drop brackets. I am planning on using the ones off the EB or maybe getting the Wild Horse ones with the adjustable Caster I saw another person use. But then I also plan on checking into the price on a 4 link set up and see how much that would be. I have a local fabricator that is supposed to get back to me on a price. He also just happens to be the same guy that makes everyones hydraulic steering components and rocksliders.

I thought you were already keeping the radius arms, drop brackets, trac arm and trac arm brackets. I'd use the wild horses radius arm brackets myself. Check out Jaw's SAS. That's what I would do with an EB D44.

Ok now here's the photos of my donor chassis.

My son already wants to drive it!!
948577cody.jpg

948577d44-med.jpg

Just don't go cutting and torching on that thing right next to the gas meter!:D

I gotta bug you for some measurements off that thing........I'll PM ya

AWWW DANg IT!!!!! I took measurements and forgot to get them to ya. Course now I have forgot them. Refresh me. You want a measurement from center of bolt to center of bolt on the leafs right?

I was thinking it was 49" but I will do it again

Ok so I just went and took measurements from center of bolt to center of bolt is 46.75"

Originally posted by Robb
Just don't go cutting and torching on that thing right next to the gas meter!:D

Now come on!!! Do you really think I am that dumb??:rolleyes: I'm not a southerner! Sounds like something a couple of boys from Arkansas would do!:D

Any updates on this, I was just interested.

lift laws

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
The police think it looks too high. Soon one of them will figure out where to measure and check me when they see me on the road. I just know it.
Why don't you install some air spring and when they stop you air it down a few inches to make it legal.. they'll go crazy to try and figure that out :)

Originally posted by biggs85
Any updates on this, I was just interested.

No updates on this yet as it hasn't begun. Winter has set in and we have been delayed in getting our new house. So until we get into our new house or spring hits I won't be outside doing anything on this. Its just too cold and there is too much snow.

I am however taking this time to gather up my list of items I need and contemplating several aspects of this that I may do different.

in NC we dont ahve a bumper highth or anything like that, thats why we have two guys roling around here, one with a GMC 1500 and the other with a chevrolet 1500, with 44x19.50 boggers or it might be 44x21.00 boggers. those trucks are HUGE! i drove the chevrolet down the road i was bouncing off the seat so high my head almost hit the roof! talk about a rough ride! the only problem they have is there is so much stress on the front axle theydont have four wheel drive but the guy with the GMC is working on that as we speek.

Originally posted by tealtterror
in NC we dont ahve a bumper highth or anything like that, thats why we have two guys roling around here, one with a GMC 1500 and the other with a chevrolet 1500, with 44x19.50 boggers or it might be 44x21.00 boggers. those trucks are HUGE! i drove the chevrolet down the road i was bouncing off the seat so high my head almost hit the roof! talk about a rough ride! the only problem they have is there is so much stress on the front axle theydont have four wheel drive but the guy with the GMC is working on that as we speek.
Well, that was random..............................

Originally posted by Robb
Well, that was random..............................

LOL, sweet. I haven't heard a Robbism in a long time.:D :D :D

Back