Albino's about to get busier with Abby's half sister Gail | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Albino's about to get busier with Abby's half sister Gail

Nice. Could you take a picture from the side so we can see how far it sticks out? I'm leaning more towards hidden between the frame rails for mine (if I ever get it).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brian_B said:
Hmmm....(thinking smilie). thanks. Hopefully, I will get to start building my rear and front receiver hitches soon. I like the removable idea. :thumbsup:

I will have to do some reseach into winches and wiring in the fall. :D

Is the hitch behind the license plate? I didn't see it in this pic.
Actually it sits right under the air dam. I moved the liscense plate and bolted it onto a piece of wood that goes into the hitch. Dreamr has a Gen ll hidden hitch. It's right where his nose ring is.

j602 said:
Nice. Could you take a picture from the side so we can see how far it sticks out? I'm leaning more towards hidden between the frame rails for mine (if I ever get it).

Attachments

• DSCN2577.JPG
    DSCN2577.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 640
  • DSCN2578.JPG
    DSCN2578.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 631
  • DSCN2551.JPG
    DSCN2551.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 631

What is that, about 8 - 10" out?

Ah, ok. Well it looks good! Let us know how that Mile Marker works and holds up. I do not want to dish out the moolah for Warn.

A buddy of mine has the same MM winch...it works pretty good for him. I will probably go with the same one. Josh, did you see the ebay link of the one he bought? It was only like $450 shipped.

Thanks for the pics. It does sit low. I wil have to look at the air dam/bumper and whatever is behind it on mine to see how to make it work out a little higher (if possible). I don't know whats back there or how much room there is.

$450 shipped is a good price. 4 wheel parts has the PE8000 for $499.99 w/ free shipping and a free PE2500. They also have the remote for $79.99.

click here

bmxking5 said:
A buddy of mine has the same MM winch...it works pretty good for him. I will probably go with the same one. Josh, did you see the ebay link of the one he bought? It was only like $450 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ory=6763&item=7976451875&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Of course I spent the money I saved on wiring, snatch blocks and tree savers :rolleyes:
Brian, you can still get the hidden hitch for your truck. Try etrailer.com, that's where I got the carrier and handles.

Yeah, I'd probably do the 4WP deal and sell the ATV winch. Then get a universal mount. Is yours an 8000? Your ebay link doesn't work, I guess it's too old.

^^9000(look at his link)

WTF? Now it works. Ok, that is a pretty good deal.

I will look at the site, but unfortunately anything I get right now I have to build. Free is good with too many bills or too low of income. :)

I am curious to see this weekend how much cargo space that rig takes up. Just might be my next project. Just to keep you from getting ahead Phil ;)

Of course I should put the money into my axle, but ya know it makes a good garage ornament :rolleyes:

HMMM something looks different

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Toe adj 1.JPG
    Toe adj 1.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 590
  • DSCN2757.JPG
    DSCN2757.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 587

I dont get it?

Body lift?

You guys are quick, I wasn't done screwing around with the pic's

Look close. :D Josh has part of it :thumbsup:

Body lift and tow hooks! I want a cookie. :D Well, if that's right, of course. :p

Nah I haven't done the tow hooks yet.

Bumper brackets are a PITA

Attachments

• DSCN2758.JPG
    DSCN2758.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 587

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So what is it? You said I was close....

Back