Album Art very small and distorted on main screen - Solution | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Album Art very small and distorted on main screen - Solution

jeffreycowart

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
Today I started experiencing an unusual problem with the album art being displayed from my USB drive. The album are on the main screen was small, scrunched (wrong aspect ratio) and was misplaced too far to the left.

Here is a picture, you can see it is small and moved over behind the text:
attachment.php

If I select more info on the song, it displays fine:
attachment.php

This issue sprang up out of nowhere. No MFT updates for several weeks (on the latest 3.6.2) Several days ago I added some new music, but today was the first time this happened. Could be a corrupt album art caused the issue when it tried to be displayed.

I tried to restart the car, I removed the USB drive, re-indexed the USB drive nothing worked, UNTIL I used the MFT reboot app. Hope this post will help others if they experience this. (I am sure I am the only one, its just my luck)

Sync rebooted, restarted and the album art displays correctly again!!!:
attachment.php

Does anyone have any insight to why this happened? Was it just a bug or glitch or do I need to scour the album art of 2,000 songs to find out which one caused the error. Just glad the fix (or temporary fix) was to use the reboot app.

Wow the camera really shows the oil marks on the screen, I keep a cleaning cloth in the car. Anyone had any luck with screen protectors to help with not showing smudges so quickly?

What is the actual size of the picture suppose to be?? Mine looks small but not sure if it s correct or not. Your photos are not showing up. Send me a message so i can see or try to repost

Today I started experiencing an unusual problem with the album art being displayed from my USB drive. The album are on the main screen was small, scrunched (wrong aspect ratio) and was misplaced too far to the left.

Here is a picture, you can see it is small and moved over behind the text:
attachment.php

If I select more info on the song, it displays fine:
attachment.php

This issue sprang up out of nowhere. No MFT updates for several weeks (on the latest 3.6.2) Several days ago I added some new music, but today was the first time this happened. Could be a corrupt album art caused the issue when it tried to be displayed.

I tried to restart the car, I removed the USB drive, re-indexed the USB drive nothing worked, UNTIL I used the MFT reboot app. Hope this post will help others if they experience this. (I am sure I am the only one, its just my luck)

Sync rebooted, restarted and the album art displays correctly again!!!:
attachment.php

Does anyone have any insight to why this happened? Was it just a bug or glitch or do I need to scour the album art of 2,000 songs to find out which one caused the error. Just glad the fix (or temporary fix) was to use the reboot app.

Wow the camera really shows the oil marks on the screen, I keep a cleaning cloth in the car. Anyone had any luck with screen protectors to help with not showing smudges so quickly?

I uploaded the pictures again, not sure why they are not showing up. The post looks perfect from my computer...

The first two pictures show the art small, third picture shows the art is OK when you select more info. Last pictures shows the correct art size and placement after using the reboot app.

Attachments

• 2013-10-29 13.32.30.jpg
    2013-10-29 13.32.30.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 320
  • 2013-10-29 13.32.59.jpg
    2013-10-29 13.32.59.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 321
  • 2013-10-29 13.32.42.jpg
    2013-10-29 13.32.42.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 2013-10-29 13.37.38.jpg
    2013-10-29 13.37.38.jpg