• Register Today It's free!

Alignment Cam Question

ponycarlover

Reaction score
City, State
Huntersville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Mountaineer AWD 5.0
Alright, I have searched everything in the forums and have not found the answer I am looking for so I decided to post my question. I am familiar with tt and various forms of lowering and raising cars, trucks, vans , suvs and even golf carts you name it. I also know how to operate just about every kind of alignment rack. Am I correct in understanding that 96-01 x's and mountys "did not" come with aligntment cams form the dealer? Requiring that upon a complete front end alignment cams must be installed to complete the alignment(in particular the alignment of the camber).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's correct - the 2nd generation Explorers had fixed camber angle.

^ thank you

So if mine(a 01 awd mountaineer) has the cams on it, then it has previously been aligned? And I should not need any other adjustment cams in order to obtain the correct geometry if I were to lower/raise it, just a simple front end alignment. Pretty sure I know the answer, I want to verify that I am not missing something.

it depends. The cams that were put onto my truck after my alighnment at stock hieght didnt allow for enough adjustment after the tt. I had to head to carquest and buy cams that allow a 2.5 degree change.

I think the 2.5* ones are fixed also. I think the biggest you can buy adjustable is 2*

Back