• Register Today It's free!

alignment guys...

pughman

Reaction score
City, State
in a galaxy far far away "MISSOURI"
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
it pulls to the passenger side ? any idea where he went wrong ? this is the best he sead he could get it ....

aliment.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought the rear was not adjustable? It's sold axle. On the front the little #'s are the specs, so each one is within that spec. You tried swapping the front tires? See if the pull moves with the change. Might be tire related.

yeah the toe is out a lot and your caster is pretty high but its in spec. just like jason said try to swap front tires and see if it pulls the other way and while you're on the test drive take your hand off the steering wheel and brake hard and see if it pulls hard to the right. my left caliper is dragging causing my explorer to pull left all the time even while driving. other than the toe being way out i dont see much wrong

What about the caster split?

When our X was aligned (a couple times ago) I had the caster adjustable RA bushings. He set my caster split and my pulling went away (he set it for freeways, not the really crowned roads around tucson).

~Mark

I thought the rear was not adjustable? It's sold axle. On the front the little #'s are the specs, so each one is within that spec. You tried swapping the front tires? See if the pull moves with the change. Might be tire related.
________
Yes! I read the same thing here about the 1st gens not needing a 4 wheel alignment because the rear was not adjustable.
>>>Confusion! Can some one sort this out?<<<

i am takeing a auto tech class, when you align a explorer you have to put the rear sencers on for a referance for the the angle of the front tires. even though it isnt ajustable it still tells you what the angle is. that is why the specs are grey insted of green.

I bet if you hit a tall enough curb going fast enough the axel could slide on the leaf springs, so you would have to slide it back to align it.

i agree with everyone here...the toe most likely the problem, but also the caster can ahve something to do with it, wichever tire has hte most positive caster, the truck will pull to that side, a lot of the old school guys will put more caster on the left side so the car with pull to the right ever so slightly, to couteract teh crown of the road..so check on that one

also, if the tires we run unaligned for a while they are probably cut improberly, and that can make the truck pull to one side

i am takeing a auto tech class, when you align a explorer you have to put the rear sencers on for a referance for the the angle of the front tires. even though it isnt ajustable it still tells you what the angle is. that is why the specs are grey insted of green.

I bet if you hit a tall enough curb going fast enough the axel could slide on the leaf springs, so you would have to slide it back to align it.
_________
I am confused. If the rear isn't adjustable why would there be any spects listed for that? Seems that if they have spects to go by there must be some way of adjusting the rear. Probably just not done with a regular alignment.

can someone explain why toe is so difficult to adjust? i've never seen an alignment done but the shanks on the TREs seem more than long enough to set wherever.

its not hard to do, its hard to do right.

Back