Alignment issues | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Alignment issues

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
I have had my explorer aligned three times because it steers right, the first time was at a Big O, that was the worst alignment job ever, then took it to a dealership and they told me I needed a rear camber kit because the rear was out of whack but they didn't have the part. Well I call the Ford dealership near my house in washington cause I am driving there and they had the part but didn't install it because they said it wasn't necessary but it still steers left. Where should I get it aligned and anybody had this issue. I had to be pulled out of the snow by a truck and we hooked onto the passenger rear axle type thingy and they may have thrown it out of whack. Thanks guys!

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
so does it pull right or left?

how are the tires? tires can cause a pull too. do you have printouts from the places that did the alignment? and documentation of why they couldn't fix it?

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
it pulls to the right, and the tires are now worn unevenly but that could have been because the left tire had a lot more air in it then the right for a long trip but don't know... I have the print out from big O, and when I took it to the second dealership after the first dealership I think they kept the invoice from the first dealership cause I can't find it now... weird. Stupid but I didn't have time to fight it i was only home for a little bit.