alignment questions....

toddious

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
winter park, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Limited 4x4
i have a 1996 Limited, so it uses the air ride system. does the different air ride settings effect the alignment at all? so if i am using the 4auto setting vs. the normal 2wd (so the air ride system rides about 1.5" higher), will the alignment be off? and what about when you replace your shocks, do you need an alignment then? thanks, todd.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if someone could please respond, it would be much appreciated. basically, the main question is.

do new shocks effect your alignment?

thanks, todd.

I am not exactly sure about your perticular question -- but I know some guys will do an alignment to it's load. When they have a commercial van or something in that needs an alignment, they will keep it loaded to make sure the alignment will be good with the heavy load. When your vehicle is raised and lowered in the rear it changes the specs. So basically, if the air-ride suspension can raise it up and down....and it's not going to be at the exact height with the new shocks, i'd look into an alignment.

-Drew

You do not need to align when replacing regular,plain jane, stock shocks! I am totally unfamiliar with the air ride...What does your owners manual say...common sense says it may be off some jacked up....but maybe not to much..did ya do a search

the rear is uneffected by alignment... if it add a little bit of more rake to the front it might effect the front a little bt... but probably a negligilbe amount

Back