Alignment with Skyjacker lift coils? (can I fit 32"s??) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alignment with Skyjacker lift coils? (can I fit 32"s??)

bigDerk

Reaction score
City, State
Stockbridge, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ranger Edge
I want to lift the front end of my 94 Xplodr about 1.5-2" (scrapped the 4" lift idea when I started pricing them), and am debating between the F150 coil spacer lift or Skyjacker lift coils.

Is it impossible to align with the 1.5"-2" Skyjacker coils? Does it need any special camber bushings? I would prefer to use the coils, but if the F150 spacers provide an easier alignment, I might use them.

I would like to stuff a 32x1150 under there, is that possible without rubbing?? If not, I'll just stick with a 31x1050. Thanks in advance for any help...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeh

You can get special "2 3/8 degree" alignment cams to allow you to get the front end aligned straight with the taller springs. Whether or not you can stuff 32's depends on your particular model...some ppl have been able to fit 31's stock...you should be able to fit the 32's no problem with the 1.5-2" lift I'd think...31x10.5s will definitely fit with it.

Re: yeh

Originally posted by Anime4x4
You can get special "2 3/8 degree" alignment cams to allow you to get the front end aligned straight with the taller springs. Whether or not you can stuff 32's depends on your particular model...some ppl have been able to fit 31's stock...you should be able to fit the 32's no problem with the 1.5-2" lift I'd think...31x10.5s will definitely fit with it.

Where can I get these 2 3/8 deg. cams?

store

Probably could order them from most 4x4 shops dealing with Fords..I think Skyjacker, Superlift, ProComp, Fabtech..etc etc all offer the cams.

On my exploder i used the trailmaster coils and they didn't even need to use the cams. The stock ones had enough adjustment.

Back