All 4 O2 sensor locations for 3.5L N/A Explorer 2011 - 2019. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All 4 O2 sensor locations for 3.5L N/A Explorer 2011 - 2019.

phenompak

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
I made a no-frills video showing where all 4 of the oxygen sensors are in the explorer. I had to change a sensor recently (you can probably guess which one is new from the video) and having something like this on the forums would've helped so I just wanted to share this here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does this include the 2.3L I4 as well?

Peter

It’d be completely different.
Thank you. That was what I thought but not being that familiar with engines I thought I'd ask. I will edit the thread title.

Peter

Thank you. That was what I thought but not being that familiar with engines I thought I'd ask. I will edit the thread title.

Peter
Eco-Boost engines have different locations as well.

Is it a certainty that the locations stayed the same even for the 3.5L N/A over the whole generation span? It would make sense if they did, but then they did change some other things within that time span.

Is it a certainty that the locations stayed the same even for the 3.5L N/A over the whole generation span? It would make sense if they did, but then they did change some other things within that time span.
The post above yours was actually posted back in January. For some reason I've been getting intermittent notifications for that post ever since and each time the date of it is updated. I don't know why that is happening. :dunno:

Peter

^ My post was probably made in Jan. as well. I don't recall making it only 3 days ago. I have not been getting notifications for it, besides for the post you just made.

Okay this is just weird, my last post above (#8) was made on or about Jun. 7th, not made today at 11:40AM, but at the moment that's what it shows as the timestamp.

Okay this is just weird, my last post above (#8) was made on or about Jun. 7th, not made today at 11:40AM, but at the moment that's what it shows as the timestamp.
At least this time I received a correct notification in that your post was new and unread when I was notified. I get a notification about this thread about once a month or so even if there is nothing new. Have never been able to figure it out.

Peter

Back