All Tennessee Members Please Post Here!!! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All Tennessee Members Please Post Here!!!

I skipped Slammin last year. I did actually drive over to Lebanon to go but when I got there I decided to keep driving and just go for a ride.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also, since the sXc site doesn't seem to get as much traffic as here I'll repost my last post from there to this board.

My family has about 300ish acres in Smith County. There arent any trails for trucks (its just a meet, right?) and I doubt my mom would go for that but there are atv trails. We have a volleyball court and some grills for, well, grillin.

Don't hold me to anything yet but I think I may be able to convince them (my mom and dad) to allow a get together. Depending on how many would be there. I don't want to not be able to include everyone willing to come but I know they wouldnt want the whole forum registry there. No offense to anyone. Today is my moms b-day so not a good time to ask but I'll try to remember to ask tomm.

Today is of course not still my moms bday but I still havent had a chance to ask her and my dad about it. If there's enough interest (even just a few ppl to hang out) I will ask, though I know with just a few ppl it will be fine.

I have been away for a while; about 4 years to be close. I am in the process of moving to Shelbyville, TN, from Memphis. Already bought a house there and selling the one here in Memphis.

I thought I'd post to see if anyone is still monitoring this thread.

Im still checking the thread when i can remember it.

Wow 4 yrs is a good while away! Glad to see you back. You will only be 80 something miles away from me when you move

Have you heard anything about Wooly's Off Road Park (when they might reopen)?

I have been away for a while; about 4 years to be close. I am in the process of moving to Shelbyville, TN, from Memphis. Already bought a house there and selling the one here in Memphis.

I thought I'd post to see if anyone is still monitoring this thread.

WHOA! :eek: I thought you died after you moved to Memphis LOL. Good to see you back. Yeah there's still plenty of oldtimers on the board, but if you'll check, you'll see that it got a LOT bigger while you've been gone. We've got well over 80,000 members now.

Still got yer rig?

Hey man! I did not die, but this is a great place to get shot. One of the reasons we are moving to Shelbyville (about an hour south of Nashville).

Yea, I still have the 'ol girl; she's get'n along in age and with 240,000 miles and not been driven much in the past 4 years. Haven't done a lot to her in a while, remove the rear seats for more storage, replaced the rear carrier and think that's it.

Where are you these days? Last I remember you were in Spartenburg SC (or close).

Rick

Yep I never moved; still in the Greenville SC area just west of Spartanburg (Simpsonville on south side of Greenville).

I still have mine but it too is getting up in age and has about 200k miles. I cannot remember how I had it set up back when we wheeled together, but it has had 35" tires and lockers front & rear for quite awhile now. I regeared to 4.88 back in '03 after Ashli and I went to the Rubicon and felt how insufficient the 4.10 gears were for the 35" tires.

I've yet to wheel at Windrock which I think may be a short drive from Shelbyville; we'll have to meet up again sometime.

Burns, you have anything special(fireworks) going on Friday at the drive-in?

No its way to expensive to have fireworks. Possibly next year

I think you still had 33s on it when we last wheeled. If I remember correctly you had gone down a vety tight trail and could not make the turn (truck too long) and I winched you back up. I don't know if had put the locker in the front of mine at that time, but its there now.

Have you ever heard from Paul S? I think you knew him and what about all those young guns of East Coast Exp?

How far are you from Tellico (I guess they are still open?)?

Burns, It looks like when I get moved we will only be about 1 1/2 hours apart. I guess we will have to get together and plan a run; what do you think?

It will be a while before I can go; I'm remodeling my house in Shelbyville via long distance. We hope to move in to it in Sept. and then the real work begins. Its about 100 years old (1911 to be exact) and I'm adding 3 and 1/2 baths a new kitchen, new plumbing, new electric (that's the short list).

Tellico is partially open. We are trying to plan a run in this area but we are watching what happens with tellico and other places.

There is a new off road park where i live. When you get up here we can go check it out. I have not got to go yet.

If you need some help moving ill try to do what i can if i can. I usually stay busy but ill try for a fellow EF member

Hey Rick, yeah I'm in driving distance of Tellico but haven't been there in a long time. As Burns stated, Tellico may have partial trail closings now and the greenies are trying to shut it down. I don't know the facts and how much is true.

I'll PM you about Paul.

hey everyone

hey everyone know this is a dead thread somewhat but new to forum but Jackson TN here about two hours from nasville and an hour from memphis

Hey adambodkins

its still alive every now and then

There is a off road challenge at The Wilson County Fair. I might be there. PM me tomm if your interested in going.

granted i live in KY, but since i'm not too far from TN and on the west side of the state.....anyone ever go to Turkey Bay OHV park in the Land-Between-The Lakes Park?

if anyone is interested post up

l8r, John:cool:

Burns are you registered for the offroad challenge? I was thinking about taking my 3 yr old son out to see that tonight.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cant get a 100% sure answer on what i am going to be able to do. If i do it i will be a last min regiester. If your running you have to be there at 5pm and im not sure i will be able to make that. I will just have to see. I should know by 4pm and i can make it there in a 45 mins.

Ill give you a pm as fast as i can.

I also have to check on something else. There flyer says you roll cage required and i dont have such.

Back