All terrain or Mud terrain | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All terrain or Mud terrain

Just wondering on views about the bf goodrich all terrain and the bf goodrich mud terrain. My current tires aren't bf goodrich all terrain, but it is almost the same pattern and i havn't really noticed that much different between them and the old goodyear wrangler AP i had on before.

So i was thinking i might get the Mud terrains next time, as they look nicer etc. I was wondering how they are on the road, whether you leave the road in the wet, etc. and noise issues?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think both the all-terrain and mud-terrain are great tires. My old set of mud terrains gave me far better traction even in rain than my stock bfg rugged trails, and the noise was fairly loud but not obnoxious. Now i have all-terrains that i love also, even better traction and they're almost silent. If you dont need the off-road traction of the muds, i would def. recommend the all-terrains, they wont disappoint you.

I like my Interco TrXus MT's

Only mud tire I've seen that gets great snow and wet pavement traction...

590.jpg

Yes, i have heard some great things about those ^^. Except they get you probably half the mileage that the mud terrains would, and a third of the all terrains.

If you want to be as snug in the mud as a bug in the rug. . . go with the mud tires.

Yes, i have heard some great things about those ^^. Except they get you probably half the mileage that the mud terrains would, and a third of the all terrains.

I think I'll end up getting 40k-50k miles out of them. I think most people over/under inflate them and they wear prematurely.

They also need a few weights to balance, but once they are, they stay balanced.

I think I'll end up getting 40k-50k miles out of them. I think most people over/under inflate them and they wear prematurely.

They also need a few weights to balance, but once they are, they stay balanced.

Really? I heard of people only getting 20,000 miles or so out of them. But if you can get at least 40,000, then i might even consider getting a set myself.

I have had two sets of the Mud Terrains on other 4x4s. On one I got about 55,000 miles out of them and the others I have about 35,000 miles and I think I can still get another 15,000-20,000 and still be off-road worthy. Some people get them siped in the middle section of the tread to help with wet traction. I haven't tried this so I can't comment on how well that works. I haven't had the problem others have for some reason with slippage?:dunno:
The only other gripe I have heard about the Muds would be weak sidewall so rocks can rip them but in Iowa there isn't too many rock piles to see that. Overall, they are really good tires and I will get another set when the ones I have now wear out. Hope that helps a little!:salute:

Cooper Discoverer S/T

S/Ts are inexpensive, they look good, and they kick ass in mud and snow!
l_79737164a44a469866e2705ba1b8adf3.png

Which M/T?

Just wondering on views about the bf goodrich all terrain and the bf goodrich mud terrain. My current tires aren't bf goodrich all terrain, but it is almost the same pattern and i havn't really noticed that much different between them and the old goodyear wrangler AP i had on before.

So i was thinking i might get the Mud terrains next time, as they look nicer etc. I was wondering how they are on the road, whether you leave the road in the wet, etc. and noise issues?

They have more than one style... Which one are you looking at? They all look great, but check it out...

I've got MT grizzly claws on mine and although the road noise is bad, they're amazing offroad...

I'm not looking back

Si

Attachments

• 22122007(001).jpg
    22122007(001).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 4,179
  • 22122007.jpg
    22122007.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 8,583

As for m/t sidewall weaknesses, do the m/t have that armour system like the a/ts? Any opinions on the Bridgestone dueler m/t 673?

Really? I heard of people only getting 20,000 miles or so out of them. But if you can get at least 40,000, then i might even consider getting a set myself.

My buddy has a set of Truxus MT and he been complaining about the wear on them lately i think he had them barely a year or so and there almost gone and these had seen more street miles than off-road miles.

I have a set of all terrains and i love them great traction and sometimes when i mean to play around in snow the tires wont let me:D but i heard(correct me if i am wrong) that the mud terrains are great tires but have horrible wear on the road

I think i might try the mud terrains, just as something different than the a/ts. My main worries about the mud terrains is the handling in the rain and corners, etc. What the grip is like in normal driving, as that is most of my driving. It seems to be the mud terrains wear faster than the all terrains.

mine are quite an aggressive tread pattern.. etc.. but they're good on road, in the rain.. they're a bit skittish at times but I'm not sure if that's cos my suspension is broken..

mine were £350 delivered

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine are quite an aggressive tread pattern.. etc.. but they're good on road, in the rain.. they're a bit skittish at times but I'm not sure if that's cos my suspension is broken..

mine were £350 delivered

Si
Do those run just as well as regular tires, considering they are retreads? I'm very interested in them and love the look, but am unsure of the performance.

Back