• Register Today It's free!

All Weather floor mats

FordShelby

Reaction score
City, State
Blue Ridge mtns VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport
Does anyone have a picture of their $75 optional All Weather Floor Mats?

I'm getting a strange answer from the dealer but the bottom line is, I'm not seeing them. The regular carpet mats are included but not what appears on the Ford website.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Quite honestly, I wouldn't pay $75 for Ford's mats. I have them in my 2014 and I replaced them with WeatherTech floor liners. Much better fit and easier to clean. I have both the carpet mats and the Ford all weather mats sitting in my garage.

I bought the rubber ford mats for my 2012 mustang and my new 2015 explorer, both fit much better then the factory cloth mats, and both sets were fairly easy to clean. I must say being black they collect alot of feet prints, but a bucket of water and a brush and their good as new again.

Not sure if its the same thing that ford is selling with the explorer though listed as the "All Weather" floor mats. I got them from ford online for around $85. If they are the same thing, IMO well worth the money, for a factory look and feel.

I bought the Husky Liners 98231 WeatherBeater Black Front and 2nd Seat Floor Liner. Fantastic in the wet weather last weekend here in Miami. I am so thankful I bought these.

$161 includes shipping on Amazon

We have the factory rubber mats. I think they are much better then the carpet ones. In fact I ordered the factory cargo one too, although not as thick. Wish I had them in my focus.

Get Husky or Weathertech. Save your $75 on the Ford ones...

I have the Husky WeatherBeaters on all three rows, front, 2nd, and 3rd, as well as in the cargo area behind the 3rd row. They fit quite well, have very good coverage, and look nice.

They're not cheap -- at least outfitting the entire vehicle isn't cheap -- but they're a small investment if the protection they provide helps me to maintain my enjoyment of the vehicle over a greater number of years.

I'll be receiving my new Weathertech mats from them tomorrow. Had a n issue with a different item on a different car and they are sending me a full set of floor liners plus the cargo mat, free of charge. Awesome company to stand behind their products and go above and beyond to please their customers.

I'll be receiving my new Weathertech mats from them tomorrow. Had a n issue with a different item on a different car and they are sending me a full set of floor liners plus the cargo mat, free of charge. Awesome company to stand behind their products and go above and beyond to please their customers.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I have the Husky's in my Explorer. But they don't make them to fit my 2008 Subaru Outback XT anymore (if they ever did). WeatherTech does, though. So I've ordered a set of WeatherTech custom fit liners for my Outback.

Within a few days i'll be in a position of being able to actually compare the quality and fit of one with the quality and fit of the other. I expect they'll probably be about the same, but I will try to remember to post my findings when I receive the Outback's set.

I received my Husky WeatherBeater floor and cargo liners today. Installed them and unfortunately, the fit isn't that great with them compared to the Weathertechs I had for my two previous vehicles. The front liners have gaps at the front outer corner (furthest from the console area) on both of them. The second row liner is loose going over the middle hump. The cargo liner has gaps where you cut the slit for the 3rd row seat beat and at the giant square hole for the cargo net tie down. I would exchange them for the Weathertechs if I could. :(
I can take some pictures tomorrow and post here.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't pay $75 for Ford's mats. I have them in my 2014 and I replaced them with WeatherTech floor liners. Much better fit and easier to clean. I have both the carpet mats and the Ford all weather mats sitting in my garage.

I agree. But, you can get the Ford OEM rubber mats off of Amazon for $74 and keep the carpeted OEM mats that come with the Explorer.

I received my Husky WeatherBeater floor and cargo liners today. Installed them and unfortunately, the fit isn't that great with them compared to the Weathertechs I had for my two previous vehicles. The front liners have gaps at the front outer corner (furthest from the console area) on both of them. The second row liner is loose going over the middle hump. The cargo liner has gaps where you cut the slit for the 3rd row seat beat and at the giant square hole for the cargo net tie down. I would exchange them for the Weathertechs if I could. :(
I can take some pictures tomorrow and post here.
This is the first negative comment I have read on the Husky floor liners. I chose them due to the superior coverage compared to the WeatherTech liners. I also had the cargo mat in my Explorer and did not have to make any cuts or modifications to it (never had need to use the tie downs). The mat was designed to go around the seat belt anchors.

Peter

I have the Ford mats and also the large one that goes in the cargo well. They've held up very well over the last 2+_years and fit well. No complaints here.

These came with instructions to cut a slit for the seatbelts ... never had to do that before with WeatherTechs.

This is the first negative comment I have read on the Husky floor liners. I chose them due to the superior coverage compared to the WeatherTech liners. I also had the cargo mat in my Explorer and did not have to make any cuts or modifications to it (never had need to use the tie downs). The mat was designed to go around the seat belt anchors.

Peter

Sorry for the wrong angle on the pictures!
First pic shows the slit I had to cut to allow the driver side 3rd row seat belt thru the liner.
Second pic shows the slit I had to cut to allow the passenger side 3rd row seat belt thru the liner.
Third pic (upside down for some reason) shows the 2nd row liner, there is a gap or looseness in the liner by the upper right side of the hump.
Fourth pic shows the driver liner, there's a gap by the semi-foot rest and along the sides. The little pegs are visible by the door sill no matter how long I held them down.
Fifth pic shows front passenger liner, the liner bends back towards the passenger.
Last pic shows the square hole I cut (using the pre-printed pattern on the liner) for the round cargo net holder.

Attachments

• Husky_cargo_left_belt.jpg
    Husky_cargo_left_belt.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 424
  • Husky_cargo_right_belt.jpg
    Husky_cargo_right_belt.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 417
  • Husky_second_row.jpg
    Husky_second_row.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 417
  • Husky_front_driver 1.jpg
    Husky_front_driver 1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 422
  • Husky_front_passenger 3.jpg
    Husky_front_passenger 3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 413
  • Husky_cargo_right_rear.jpg
    Husky_cargo_right_rear.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 427

Yes mine had the corner issue too. I used a hairdryer to heat it and mold it to fit. Not hard and for the price I should not have to do that. But it's done and I am satisfied.

These came with instructions to cut a slit for the seatbelts ... never had to do that before with WeatherTechs.

First pic shows the slit I had to cut to allow the driver side 3rd row seat belt thru the liner.
Second pic shows the slit I had to cut to allow the passenger side 3rd row seat belt thru the liner.
Third pic (upside down for some reason) shows the 2nd row liner, there is a gap or looseness in the liner by the upper right side of the hump.
Fourth pic shows the driver liner, there's a gap by the semi-foot rest and along the sides. The little pegs are visible by the door sill no matter how long I held them down.
Fifth pic shows front passenger liner, the liner bends back towards the passenger.
Last pic shows the square hole I cut (using the pre-printed pattern on the liner) for the round cargo net holder.
The driver's side liner looks like it is sitting too high off the floor. Almost appears as though it isn't the right one. Here is what they looked like in my 2011. You can see where the cargo mat is formed to go around the seat belt.

Peter

Attachments

• P6250351a.jpg
    P6250351a.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 367
  • P2070305a.jpg
    P2070305a.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 365
  • P4230223_001.JPG
    P4230223_001.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 350

It's clipped into the studs on the floor, so I'm hoping it's in the right place.

The driver's side liner looks like it is sitting too high off the floor. Almost appears as though it isn't the right one. Here is what they looked like in my 2011. You can see where the cargo mat is formed to go around the seat belt.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a terrible fit in the front driver's side mat. You got the wrong model year. There was a change somewhere along the way in the 5th gen foot-pan arrangement for the driver's side. I think the change was for 2015 and newer, though I'm not certain. But I do know that in my 2015 the fit is perfect for the model I purchased.

I suggest going directly to Husky's site, and putting in your model year. Double check the model number they give you with the one you got. They're going to be different -- they have to be.

Back