All you need to know about keyless entry | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All you need to know about keyless entry

You are a big help thank you very much

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do we program a remote to this? I got a remote from the dealer but it clearly isnt the right one. I'm supposed to have remote start as well and I have no idea where to find the right key fob. I do get the anti-theft light flashing but the remote doesn't even work.

thank you xan
a dream come true
:)

Question about keyless

Ok, I have a 95 explorer. It has a dealer installed push button under the dash that you have to push at the same time you turn the key to start it. I have no buttons on the door. A few weeks ago, the push button fell apart and I couldn't get it to snap together properly, so as a quick fix, I just taped the button in the "in" position. Now my remote will not lock or unlock the doors. Can I bypass this button, or can I just replace it with another push button? It is a pita to push it all the time, but I need my remote to lock the doors lol. Thanks

I just bought a 1998 explorer xl. It didn't come with key fobs but it has the security light that flashes on the dash. I was wondering if newly ordered fobs would be able to be programmed to my truck?

• FORD EXPLORER XLT 1997
Hi, I lost my two keyless remote, how can the theft alarm to be activated with just the key?? thank you.

No RAP Module

I'm new to this site as I just picked up a 97 Ex XLT 4WD. I have read through this thread as I want to get the keyless entry working, but I don't think my truck has a RAP module. I looked in the jack access panel, and just found the black wire bundle no RAP module.

So I picked up a bulldog keyless entry system and was wondering if its possible to wire it up there, or do I have to go through the drivers kicker panel as it states in the instructions. Any help would be great

Thanks

Thanks Cobra and whoever stickied this! I found this thread very helpful.

Yes Thank you for the info it worked like you said it would. Thank you for your help. I am new on here and have already had some useful info....

I have a little different issue but related. My 2000 explorer sport has had the battery out of it for over 8 months. When I put it back together and tried to connect the battery the horn started blowing and the lights flashing on the anti-theft kick. At one time I was told this was caused by loss of memory in the system. I was told that I could use the key pad to reset the system so I could use the key is this correct? Or is there another trick I need?

This is awesome. We go rafting in the summer, and now i can just leave my key and remote locked in the car. No worry about losing it in the river

Key code for 2001 Explorer sport 2 door

I went thru the similar problem. On mine, I found right under the grill on the passenger side. The grill has bunch of snaps and you need to be careful not braking them. Once it is out, you will need a flash light and should be able to see the code from outside. It is the 5 digit code.

I have a 2005 V8, and need to find the RAP module to retrieve the factory code. I am unable to locate it using the instructions at the start of this thread, any help appreciated.

I have a 2005 V8, and need to find the RAP module to retrieve the factory code. I am unable to locate it using the instructions at the start of this thread, any help appreciated.
Found it, passenger side rear seat belt housing, remove panel, then prise off lower panel to expose Rap module.
Thanks to the OP for the hint.

used remote

not sure if this has been asked, there are so many pages to read. Can a remote from a different car be reprogrammed to my x.

not sure if this has been asked, there are so many pages to read. Can a remote from a different car be reprogrammed to my x.

There is a post in this thread that talks about doing it with a fob from another Ford product (Mustang?, Lincoln?). I don't know if it's possible with other brands, though.

You'll have to do a search to find that post.

Cheers,

Thanks for this information. The code sticker was exactly where you said it would be and with a flashlight and some one eye squinting, I was able to figure out the code and program in another personal code.

No module and

No module, no response to the 8 times on/off, so my "new" stripper '99 will require an aftermarket set up to add remote to the power door locks.

Anyone have any recommendations on aftermarket stuff?

OR can I just install the RAP module and plug it into my harness? In looking at the pics near the beginning of this thread, it appears it plugs into the black plastic block back in the LR corner. I could probably find one at the scrappy. I don't need the keypad, but that would work with a Ford remote---right?

Our '98 was totalled courtesy of a hit and run driver. He was running from his first hit and run of the evening, and he was also dui. He was arrested a few blocks away, but due to the modern processes used by our PD, I have yet to see an accident report to find out if this a-hole even had a license, let alone insurance. But I digress....:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I don't think it would be that easy. I think you would need a new body wiring harness to make it work the way you want it to.

Back