All you need to know about keyless entry | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All you need to know about keyless entry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I pulled off the left rear panel cover on my 2001 sport, and the box/code is not there. Just the seat belt roller thing. Any idea where the code is on the sport?

Previously posted in this thread....
The original post in this thread shows the RAP/CSM location for the 2nd Generation 4-door Explorer.

For 2001~2003 Explorer Sport, Sport Trac and Ranger, the CSM module should be located in the dash above the HVAC plenum. You must remove the passenger airbag to access the module. The 5-digit keypad code will be stamped on the module label.

In my 01 sport, that was located behind the passenger airbag. All i had to do was lower the glovebox, removed the two bolts holding the airbag, slipped it out, then there were two other bolts holding the module in, which i removed and pulled the module out far enough to read my code. Very simple task....

Thank you BrooklynBay

I think I received more than enough information to search for the code.
thank you :salute:

mine will not go in to program mode what now where do i go from here? HELP.
i have a 99 explorer

door key pad works, remote doesn't

The doors lock and unlock fine with the key pad on the drivers side door, but not with either of the remotes i have. Is the RAP fine and just the remotes are dead?

The doors lock and unlock fine with the key pad on the drivers side door, but not with either of the remotes i have. Is the RAP fine and just the remotes are dead?

Did your vehicle come with remotes or were you trying to add them?

Did your vehicle come with remotes or were you trying to add them?

It had a remote when I bought it, but it died. Tried new batts, but nothing. the doors unlock using the code thats on the RAP module. Can the remotes themselves die?

It had a remote when I bought it, but it died. Tried new batts, but nothing. the doors unlock using the code thats on the RAP module. Can the remotes themselves die?

But of course, Theres not much that works for ever

can anyone tell me where to find the code for a lincoln navigator. it'll be the 1st generation body style. my stepdad was gonna take it to the dealership to get the keypad to work.

can anyone tell me where to find the code for a lincoln navigator. it'll be the 1st generation body style. my stepdad was gonna take it to the dealership to get the keypad to work.

You know they are made on the same platform as the explorers i would think it would be in the same place. Did you check if it was there?

not to sure about it being on the same platform since its a whole lot bigger than the explorer. but i just found this thread and never realized the code was on the truck. check it out tomorrow.

not to sure about it being on the same platform since its a whole lot bigger than the explorer. but i just found this thread and never realized the code was on the truck. check it out tomorrow.

OOOH i'm thinking of the Aviator, the navigators little guy twin. The navigator is on the same platform as the expedition. So many be search for people who work on those, they are probaily more common then the lincolns

Keypad

My keypad no longer illuminates when I enter my code...is the fix as simple as pulling off the door panel and replacing a bulb?

Okay, i got the code, read it clear as day, typed it into the pad, and nothing happend! :mad:

I know the pad works, it lights up when a key is pressed, and the doors lock when the 8 and 9 are pressed.

Now what do i do?

*Contacts on the 3/4 are destroyed. looks like im buying a new pad*

Can you add a remote entry, if your car doesnt have one? I dont think mine does, Ive tried doing the key thing and nothing happens.

I also need a new key..do you program the key the same way? Mine only came with one. I probably missed it in this thread, and I will blame the fact I am pregnant!

Id love remote entry. Come Oct. we will have 3 kids and locking and unlocking is a pita lol

Yes you can add a remote

If you explorer has the keypad on the door, you can add a remote. I bought a ex sport with no remote. I went to a local locksmith and got a second key (there is a process that you can do to program the key, it's in the owners manual), and a remote. Both cost about $75 total. The locksmith programmed the key and the remote for me. I just use the remote because I dont have the keypad code. I don't wan't to pull off all the stuff to get the factory code behind the passenger airbag, which is where it is located on the 2 door sport. Don't go to the dealer for the remote. They are a ripoff. There are plenty of locksmiths that will have a remote for your Ford and it is less than half what the dealer will charge. The key was about 35 and the remote was about 35 + tax. I also got an extra door key cut for about $3 at the same time at the locksmith that will just open the door, but won't start the car, just in case I lock myself out with the remote in the car or if I want to just carry one key if I leave my remote in the car when I go riding.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea, dealer wants $150 JUST for ONE key and then said it would be another $50 to pull up the info on if it has a remote option or not, which Im not sure it does. No keypad on the door and when you do the on and off key thing nothing happens :(

Ill have to check into a locksmith. Id love an extra door key. Where we bought it from, was supposed to get us another key and never did.

Back