All you need to know about keyless entry | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All you need to know about keyless entry

Yea, dealer wants $150 JUST for ONE key and then said it would be another $50 to pull up the info on if it has a remote option or not, which Im not sure it does. No keypad on the door and when you do the on and off key thing nothing happens :(

Ill have to check into a locksmith. Id love an extra door key. Where we bought it from, was supposed to get us another key and never did.

A local locksmith cut 2 keys for me and reset the key code for $80.
Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey all...my keypad stoped working i if i enter my code it doesnt unlock doors and if i press 7-8 9-0 it doesnt look doors either, was having trouble with the power lock switch on drivers side had to hit it like 3 times for it to unlock doors, but now when i do look the doors the "theft" light doesnt light up....now from reading threw this thread i assume its the rap module...but i just wanna make sure...not that i waste my time getting one...i also dont have a key fob for it...i always use the keypad to get into truck, so its a pain now to put key in...thanks

AWESOME!! Thank you so much!

I, too, refused the to pay the dealer such a stupid fee for this... you rule!

hey all...my keypad stoped working i if i enter my code it doesnt unlock doors and if i press 7-8 9-0 it doesnt look doors either, was having trouble with the power lock switch on drivers side had to hit it like 3 times for it to unlock doors, but now when i do look the doors the "theft" light doesnt light up....now from reading threw this thread i assume its the rap module...but i just wanna make sure...not that i waste my time getting one...i also dont have a key fob for it...i always use the keypad to get into truck, so its a pain now to put key in...thanks

Just get a new remote from a locksmith----! I got mine for about $35 a couple years ago. He even programmed it for me on the spot. It's easier than the keypad to use. The keypad contacts wear out over time anyway.

Just get a new remote from a locksmith----! I got mine for about $35 a couple years ago. He even programmed it for me on the spot. It's easier than the keypad to use. The keypad contacts wear out over time anyway.

i cant program a remote cause i cant get car into program mode, since i think the rap module doesnt work

i cant program a remote cause i cant get car into program mode, since i think the rap module doesnt work

A good locksmith may be able to program a remote and find the problem with the module. Some of those guys are really good at vehicle security. Just give they a try.

XAN is AWESOME!

Thanks for your info on finding the keypad code. Pics were fantastic to show location. Now everything on the 1997 Eddie Bauer I bought two weeks ago works. THANKS! I'm a long Ford guy, but this is my first Ford truck.

Hey I just found the code on my Sport, last year I bought the remote with a extra key, and when try the cycle to program the remote nothing happened, I replace the bat on the remote but still did nothing, besides the clock of the radio stayed on, which I did not pay attention until 2 days after that I was running out of Battery, and the only thing was the clock, so I try it the cycle again and it turn it off, so I was wondering if there is something to be aware before trying to program my remote again, and also if there is any help on programing the transporter keys, since I only have the original one, and buy the extra with the remote, but I have not been able to program it

02 explorer no locks at all

is there the possibility of replacing relays at or around the rap module or the central security module all my lock functions have stopped at once. no remote access or door lock buttons inside,or the keyless entry either

Power Locks don't work right...

Hi everyone. Here's my problem. I have a 2001 Mountaineer that the lock feature doesn't work on the driver's side or passenger's side door panel, but works from the power button inside the hatch on the driver's side panel. The outside keypad will light up when pressed for a second but does nothing else; no puddle lamps, no interior lights, nothing. I have the code from the module and it matches the card with the owner's manual. My fob works fine. I changed the driver's side power window/lock controls with a working spare, but it still won't lock the doors. The doors unlock fine from the inside switches and the fob, but that's it. It's weird that the lock function works from the switch in the back only. Any clues???

Thanks in advance!

Xan

Where is the module on the '04 Sport Trac? C pillar behind trim? Or behind the airbag? Or elsewhere?

Thanks

Thank you Xan!

My 98 XLT came with the original owners manual in the glove box (it was in the original vinyl zippered pouch even!) but no keyless entry card with the code. The manual mentions the code being on the security computer label, but states that it is "under the hood". Without your info I would have spent hours trying to find the thing...but I now have the factory code and have programmed my own as well.

BTW - I just stuck a MiniMag Light right up to the label and leveraged it against the panel. I was then able to decifier the numbers without too much difficulty.

Thanks again!

i have been looking for something like this for a while now thanks man it helped alot!!!!

This site rocks.

I was on here asking a question about my heater/blower motor and found this sticky. Incredibly detailed, found the box no problem, and have my keyless entry working now.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info! I paid too much at a dealer already!
I needed to find the keypad code. Thanks!

Does anyone know why the ignition key does not unlock the doors?
Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Where can I get a remote? The dealership does not have or know how to get a remote like mine. Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the info! I paid too much at a dealer already!
I needed to find the keypad code. Thanks!

Does anyone know why the ignition key does not unlock the doors?
Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Where can I get a remote? The dealership does not have or know how to get a remote like mine. Any information would be much appreciated.

I just called around to locksmiths and found one that had experience with Fords and he hooked me up with one. It was relatively inexpensive and he did everything. Got me a new key as well. Don't buy online unless you are comfortable with programming the remote. The locksmith was only a couple bucks more that ebay and he was done in 20 min with the remote and key.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sport code location again?

I have an 01 sport. Where is the location of the code again and how do I get to it? It's not in the rear like the 4 doors. I locked my keys in my X yesterday, but luckily I was only a couple of miles from work where I had a dummy key in my desk. But I want the code now.

Back