Almost a recall???????

Limited02

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gardner, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well hopefully they will recall it.

Any one on this site ever had that problem?

Sounds like it could be some "operator error" involved. Therefore the need for further investigation.

Dang, I would hope no ones has ever done that, has anyones?
So when its running, say you run into 7-11, or Circle-K whatever you got real quick, and the thing just shifts into reverse and blam?

Thats not good!

I wonder what sort of work would be required from Ford to ensure this issue is resolved. A new transmission sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

With the engine off?
My 97 did that once, there was something loose in the tranny or shifter not sure, but when I got out of the movie my truck was bumper to bumper with a late model silverado and the owner looked PO'd hahaha they tought that I had left it in neutral and it rolled down, but nop, it was in parking

Interesting.
I wouldn't mind a new trans on Ford's dime...

Cool. Maybe it'll follow me into work one day.

What Ford should do is fix everyone's tranny since they ALL seem to fail because of a similar problem.

you're not going to get a new trans out of it.

You may get a new gear shifter.

if they issue a recall of this, if we were all smart we'd push harder for new transmissions given the history of them.

One recall could open up the flood gates.

What Ford should do is fix everyone's tranny since they ALL seem to fail because of a similar problem.

just like the rear ends in the 02 & 03s which is a much larger problem.

It's not going to happen.

just like the rear ends in the 02 & 03s which is a much larger problem.

It's not going to happen.

Let me have my dreams...
At least my rear end has been doing fine so far, the tranny is making me wonder every now and then.

I got a Service Engine Light... What is it for?

i read this little article, and i cannot see how the car can go into reverse unless the linkage broke....

When they had the trouples with the trucks in the mid 70's, the park pin was not fully locking, so they could drop in to reverse.

Not sure what is causing the problems now, but i got into the habbit of setting the park brake

...The parking prawl was also a problem in the first gen's that Ford did acknowledge...They didn't fix it but did acknowledge it in there bulletins..:(

i read this little article, and i cannot see how the car can go into reverse unless the linkage broke....

lol, which linkage would that be? Much like HAL 9000 the PCM can do whatever it wants... What if the PCM decides, "screw the sensors, I'm putting this baby in reverse"? Just a bad circuit, or willful malicious mischief? ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back