Almost Tons Swap | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Almost Tons Swap

:eek: Dang

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally got it out in the rocks, no real pictures, but it works great!

Also got a few more goodies. Found a Dana 60 for cheap and a set of 6" skyjacker leafs. Finally time for high steer! I guess it's a real tons swap now??

Image-1.jpg

15699462524321347914817.jpg

I had to wire wheel the seam sealer and weld mine together. I used vice grips to pinch what i could back together before welding.

I had to wire wheel the seam sealer and weld mine together. I used vice grips to pinch what i could back together before welding.

As much as I want to plate it over and fix it, I know it will only get worse from there. Definitely time for a cage. The body twist up is pretty nasty when it gets run hard. And who knows when she'll do a flipper, hopefully never lol.

Night run! No good pictures again, this spot here is way worse than it looks. This is what did the firewall in lol.

IMG_1910_01.jpg

well im jelious, looks nice, that is it is the next step i want to do to my 94.... been wanting to do it since i saw that other 1st gen on pirate4x4 with the SD axles.

well im jelious, looks nice, that is it is the next step i want to do to my 94.... been wanting to do it since i saw that other 1st gen on pirate4x4 with the SD axles.

Thank you, never cruised pirate much. Probably will start, this place is a ghost town....

White expo is for sale. Time for a V8 and coil overs. 3k takes it.

Nice! V8 build with coilovers will be nice

Couple pictures.
Ran it to the snow, doesn't snow often in the desert AZ so it's fun to go when it does.

Now on 39" Dakar Rally Race tires and 17x8 American Racing Mojave wheels. Drives soooooo much better than the MTRs.

9EE36F1D-.jpg

20191229_181807.jpg

20191227_180440.jpg

Beams are fun to mess with. Just remember to picture them as big A arms when thinking about setup with the steering and such.

I love TTB just cant stand D35 wheel bearings. We'll see what we can do with 44 stuff. Planning on extending the beams to go into the stock mounts .

The D44 outers go right on there and the brakes are a huge improvement.

Going full 44 beam, have files for radius arms and all the beam guesseting

Also found a heat only air box out of a ranger if anyone is interested in one of those.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Parting out the B2 and it's party time in an 80's ranger!

Attachments

• 20200310_183436_HDR.jpg
    20200310_183436_HDR.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 83

Back