Alright guys, Here they are!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alright guys, Here they are!!!!

I don't have any before's, but everyone knows what a stock 1995 explorer XLT looks like. Enjoy the afters!

View

View

View

The BFG's, looking good:

View

Here are the yellow rimmed Hella Black Magic's:

View

View

And finally a NICE stuff of the rear tire:

View

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice Rob. Very clean ride.......

Nice! Amazing luster in your clearcoat in the 1st pic. What type of wax/polish do you use? thanx!

--mark

The best wax you can use is called Zymol. It is available at any Wal-Mart and it also won the best in Consumer Reports magazine. Hope this helps.

Looks pretty good Rob. Now it's time to lift it for the finishing touch.....

Clark

Yeah, no kidding, I just wish they made a lift for the 1995-1997 explorers. Or at least one that I could modify for a reasonable price. But until then....

Zymol.... I'll try it. Thanx, Rob!

--mark

Originally posted by Rob Slade
Yeah, no kidding, I just wish they made a lift for the 1995-1997 explorers. Or at least one that I could modify for a reasonable price. But until then....

Rob,

Man you and I are on the same wavelength. I guess it's time for me to post some pictures of my own. I have a green '96 xlt 4x4. I played around and got a brushguard and some other small items a while ago, but it took me a little courage to lift the thing on my own. You will probably read several threads on the torsion and shackle lift. It's so easy you will have wished you had done it the day you got your explorer. It will give you 2+" up front and 1.5" in the back. Then get some 31x10.50 tires. I have BFG's on mine. When I get to the office tomorrow, I will post pictures. Cost on the shackles are like 40 bucks. I set up a thread a while back entitles WAR153 SHACKLES. Use the search engine to check up on it. After I had the Shackles, I had a friend put them on. Took him and his partner less than 10 minutes. Had another friend at my local ford dealer twist up the torsion bars. You can pretty much max them out. Don't listen to all these guys saying you can't go over 2" with it. My authorized ford mechanic buddy say's don't exceed 22 degrees with the rise or it will wear out your CV joints. I am no where near 22. If you do it, you will not regret it. I think all explorers should come stock this way. They would sell even better than ever. It really completes the look and versatility (I.E. offroading)

Later, Clark

Nice ride. Love them Hellas!

After the lift

I hope this works. Notice the ground clearance you gain...

View

[Edited by jwade on 01-08-2001 at 09:12 AM]

I think both look really good, and next time i wax my truck i will use Zymol wax.

Hey R U MAN, What college are you in? I'm in college also. Just wondering. Yeah, you can't go wrong with Zymol, just follow the directions. Good luck with it.

I go to Radford Univ. in Virginia. Where do you go? I love waxing my truck now since my girlfriends dad gave me a buffer for chrismas. Thank god for buffers!!!!!

I go to the University Of North Carolina at Wilmington. I was just wondering where everyone was from.

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to write and tell y'all that I finally finished my webpage with all my pictures on it. Please visit it and tell me what you think. Thanks

http://members.tripod.com/explorer4x4/

Nice lookin ride. You sure did drop a bit of coin in the lights!

NICE! Now all you guys need is a 3" BL or a 4" sus lift and some 33's!!!

Holy Lightbulbs, BATMAN!!

...............................NEWSFLASH................................

Small town goes dark after power outage from heavy storms move through the area. Thankfully, Rob Slade was there to light the way with his 30 million candlewatt power lights!

J/K Rob!! The truck looks great! Keep it up!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Brian, that was funny.

Back