Alright guys, I need your advice!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alright guys, I need your advice!!

Ryanc721

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfield, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
alright so strangely enough, a couple of months ago from 0-40 went out on my speedometer....i figured it was just a dead bulb...about 3 days later i filled my gas tank up and turned on my lights immediately after, and for some reason it went back on....i went home and turned my car off...the next night it stopped working again and still does not work...can it be the bulb?

If it is the bulb....is it worth replacing?, because i was thinking about getting gauges from speedhut.com...are new ones worth it? i want mine to light up red to match the neon i have. but then i would need new needles right? and how easy are those to install?

Sorry for all the questions lol. Theres also a pic below...

1235020208643.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a bulb- 20 minutes to replace, that would drive me crazy... :)

are custom ones worth buying?

Are they worth it? That's up to you. For me? No. For you? Maybe. That's totally subjective. I found a whiteface cluster out of a sport for a fraction of what Speedhut gauges cost, so I put them in. Would I spend $$ on Speedhuts? No.

i would deff rather do the white gagues, but id probably eff up the install so bad my lights wouldn't work lol:hammer:

If you take the dash apart to replace the bulb, you may want to consider taking the opportunity to replace your stock incandescent bulbs with LED's. Much less expensive than getting a replacement white-face cluster unless you luck out at the local pull and save. :)

If you take the dash apart to replace the bulb, you may want to consider taking the opportunity to replace your stock incandescent bulbs with LED's. Much less expensive than getting a replacement white-face cluster unless you luck out at the local pull and save. :)

i agree, replace them all with LED bulbs, it even looks so much better,

but no, id just go with the "reverse glow" gauges from eBay, they totally bypass the stock lighting, but it might be the bulb, might not.

the one that does my volts, and temp gauge's went out (i thought) and i took the gauges apart to replace it, and simply pushed it in a tad and it worked again, so try that, but if you can, get the LED's, get them on eBay theyre like 5$ for a set of 2, so its not even bad, you probably need about 10 or 12, but dont mark my word lol

say what you want about aftermarket gagues but i like my $20 gagues faces just fine:
31597910045_medium.jpg

31597910042_medium.jpg
:p:
nd they arent really that hard to install if you can use basic tools.

Where did you get the faces for your gauges?

Back