alteeza style taillights??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

alteeza style taillights???

Well a couple of questions first of all do they make alteeza style taillights for a 97 explorer? if so where could i get them? I know they make them for a 98 would they fit my 97 ?? thanks josh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they currently dont make them for the 97 i wish they had for the 95-97's. you have to get clears. sorry it stinks hopefully they will soon. sorry man

FYI: You might wanna check your local law book about clears. I know here in CA, you have to have red reflectors which of course clears dont have...

:( damn that sucks do you know anybody who does custom tails for an 97 explorer?? or will the 98 fit the 97??

they wont fit (without some modification i.e. bondo)
98-01 are a little different.

ya, what everyones said is right, they currently don't make any for '95-'97 and the '98-ups wont fit w/o modification. The problem is, apparently, that the tailgate/hatch (whatever you wanna call it) is kind of bowed on the '98+ models and apparently sticks out about an inch farther than the '95-'97 hatch.

clears are also a problem, they're illegal and all, but they may not be enforced so heavily, what you may want to do is look around and see if you see any cars with clears for an extended period of time. If you do, they may not be getting pulled for them. If you do get clears, legal clears or total clears, you may wanna look into some LED taillight bulbs, jamstrait makes these LEDs with 3157 sockets on them.

Good luck

Back