Alternative bumper light mounting? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alternative bumper light mounting?

Ray Bates

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
Has anyone found a way to mount driving/off-road lights to the front of their 95+ Explorer without a grille/brush guard? I want to keep the front end clean and don't really want to drill holes in the bumper. Any custom jobs or info on an aftermarket mounting system? Prerunner style, maybe. Thanks.

I would think if you didn't have the stock fog lights there might be something there you could bolt onto. Or you could see if someone could make some light tabs that bolt onto the frame or out of the way and come out above the bumper. That way you would not have to drill into the bumper. Other then that I can't think of anything since I do not have a 95+ so I can't visualize any other areas that might work.

On the 91 - 94's there are pre-drilled holes under the bumper for the models who did carry the factory accessories. I used the holes and made some extensions to put the fog lamps under the bumper and cut holes in the black plastic air dam to make the front of the light flush with the dam. Looks good to me and doesn't stick out.

My advise, be creative.

Back