• Register Today It's free!

Aluminum Floor Mats

dacashboy

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 4x4
I am just wondering if someone made aluminum floor mats for a 97 explorer 4d? If so weher can I get them at or if not would it be easy enough to go to a hardware store and pick up aluminum and cut it yourself? I really think this might be a cool idea. Ive seen cars with them on ebay but there not sold for a explorer.

Thanks
Chris

I have never seen them, that doesnt mean they dont exist though. The contours they would have to follow would be somewhat complex to build. You could go and buy aluminum sheets, and probably cut it yourself. But attaching it back to together at the angles needed to make a decent working floor mat would be difficult, as welding Al is fairly difficult if you dont know how to do it.
Also, consider that if you did make them to fit, they woudl be very difficult to remove and clean, as I have Husky liners that fit all the contours very well, yet they are hard to remove, they require bending to get them out.

Chris

One more thing. Ever step on a piece of aluminum with wet shoes?

I have seen them, some guy around here in a sport with some twentys has them, they were ok looking, but I never got to ask him where he got them, I only think he uses them for shows..he lives right up the road..but I never talk to him..

Back