Am I crazy or is there simply no info? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Am I crazy or is there simply no info?

boostmaster

Reaction score
City, State
SoCal
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL
I'm new here but I've been searching my A$$ off and I can't seem to find but a handful of posts relating to the everpresent topic of door panel issues with the explorers.

My 1991 2 door tan interior is in need of door panels. I cannot seem to find a resource for used panels or, even better, a cusotm solution that someone may have perfected on their own ex.

Am I doomed to not be able to locate this info or does it simply not exist? I can't believe everyone with broken panels has opted to go with the pricey $300 replacements..

Can anyone direct me??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

old mechanic

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
R.I.
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
I have been here for 3 years and never really say any threads about the door pannels being a problem. Not to say that there weren't any but I havent seen any.
Local junk yard?

shamaal

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Friensdwood, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Mazda Navajo
If you are referring to the door panel where the handle breaks, I recall seeing a couple posts. They are available on ebay, I have installed one myself.

boostmaster

Reaction score
City, State
SoCal
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL
Actually, I'm looking for the interior door panel (ie: the plastic piece that covers the entire door.)

The handle/pull trim piece IS available through ebay for about $18.00 (available only in grey or tan).

The actual handle/pull (ie: the cylindrical plastic piece that is screwed to either end of the trim piece however, is not something that I can seem to locate. I'm looking for either another Black one or a Tan one (I have one of each so I need a match)

Minivek

Reaction score
City, State
Quebec, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Limited Ex silver
I've got a tan 94 sport driver's side door panel, I can you a pic if you're interested, what exactly do you need?

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
There is an add in Off Road Adventures that 4 Wheel Parts puts out bi-monthly. I saw an add in there for a place selling new door panels. I can't remember the name and I dont have the magazine with me.

I will look when I het home tonight. I thint they were $287 for the pair.

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.