Am I hallucinating? The manual says | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Am I hallucinating? The manual says

David Suesz

Reaction score
City, State
SE PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
all sorts of detailed instructions on remiving the dash in a 97, including removal of the center console, instrument panel, and heater control panel, but does not require removing the steering column. Can this be right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes
but what are you asking about? what manual?

I need to finish my heater repairs at some point, so I was reading the Haynes manual last night, and it was surprisingly explicit and detailed, including virtually bolt-by-bolt instructions, RH airbag, heater control screws, etc. It would be nice if I didn't have to remove the column and wheel.

Is there a diagram out there on how to remove the dash board online?

Hmmm, I have a service cd I got from Mountaineergreen,I could copy it for you maybe?
It has pretty good instructions for dash removal--

Hmmm, I have a service cd I got from Mountaineergreen,I could copy it for you maybe?
It has pretty good instructions for dash removal--

Ya, I'd appreciate that.

A better thread for this...

Is this one. It'll save a lot of time, especially since a) You don't actually need to remove the steering column, and b) If I had known how the console came out, I could have saved at least an hour.

Anyway, I had the heater case out on the ground with a lot less work then the manual or dealer said.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161208

the colum does not need to be "removed" basicly you can just lower it down.

Back