• Register Today It's free!

am i missing something here?

vrytired

Reaction score
City, State
billerica,massachussets
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
just noticed today one of the lines coming of the vacuum tree is plugged with a pencil, is my truck missing something?

aditional pics that may be helpful

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might just be missing the regular rubber plug that goes over it normally. You can get them at any auto parts store. Vacuum plug caps.

Everythig seems to be accounted for, however you didnt give us details on your truck

Assuming 92 automatic, correct?

410Fortune said:
You might just be missing the regular rubber plug that goes over it normally. You can get them at any auto parts store. Vacuum plug caps.

Everythig seems to be accounted for, however you didnt give us details on your truck

Assuming 92 automatic, correct?

yeah my bad. '92 ford explorer 4x4 auto. 130k miles

My old ranger just had one of them plugged from the factory. If everything works, I bet its fine. Just get a rubber cap to go over it.

My old Ranger ('85 2.0 carb) used to blow the damn things off all the time .... The rings were so bad I think there was more compression in the crankcase than in the cylinders ;-) Finally put in a PVC valve from a 2.9L V6 (If I remember right) which helped get rid of the crankcase pressure somewhat ....

I still have fond memories of all the oddball crap I used to plug them (3) just to get me back home without it dying all the time .... but it never once stranded me and I put on 200K of the 237K it had on it when I sold it in May ....

Back