Am i the only person that has no problems with mft? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Am i the only person that has no problems with mft?

splash5

Reaction score
City, State
West Fargo ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
i have used 4 different phones with no problem both smart and basic phones
it never locks up or freezes.
only real complaint was sirius channels (but this was fixed)

ive used other similar systems in other cars that were full of bugs, but this is the best system ive ever used. im an IT tech and this just seems like everyone is the same with this as anything new, people dont understand something and are confused (they mess it up) and just blame anyone without thinking.

all i see is ppl with problems... am i the only one with a good system?

IF YOU AREW ALSO HAPPY id like to know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope..mine also works pretty well. Had trouble synching my phones up the first time, but now that they're synched, it works fine. No black screen of death, no noise issues, no freeze ups, clear sound with the phone, quick response...

No reboots...no problems. But I'm not taxing the system, either. 100 contacts, no USB or IPod.

The poll on here showed the vast majority of owners, 86%, have had no issues or minor issues.

73% of MFT owners surveyed are satisfied with MFT, which is a greater satisfaction rate than SYNC when it was launched.

As with SYNC, the satisfaction rate is expected to increase as people get through the learning curve and become more familiar with its operation.

As an aside, the latest computer satisfaction survey published on rates owner satisfaction for Apple Computers at 77% .

My MFT works very well indeed. I have a blackberry with a couple of 100 contacts, don't stream music and use a iPod touch connected USB. If I let my system become stable (about 1:30) before I start to stress it with lookups, browsing and searches, my system never fails. I can't make a trip in 1.5 minutes so it is ok for me to wait until the system becomes stable.

No black screens of death, no fuse pulling nor battery cable removing for me. Probably the worse thing for me is MFT is a bit sluggish.

73% of MFT owners surveyed are satisfied with MFT, which is a greater satisfaction rate than SYNC when it was launched.

Let me rephrase that for you. 27% of the owners have a problem with MFT!! That is a HUGE number. More than one in four!

I like the new Ford Explorer, test drove one, but won't buy one in its current state and am now looking at what other "good" SUV options there might be. I hope they issue a fix soon so I won't have to go to another vehicle, but the complaints are far too numerous, and I don't feel like spending $50K on something where I have to routinely pull fuses and battery cables, to make it work.

Let me rephrase that for you. 27% of the owners have a problem with MFT!! That is a HUGE number. More than one in four!

I like the new Ford Explorer, test drove one, but won't buy one in its current state and am now looking at what other "good" SUV options there might be. I hope they issue a fix soon so I won't have to go to another vehicle, but the complaints are far too numerous, and I don't feel like spending $50K on something where I have to routinely pull fuses and battery cables, to make it work.

EXACTLY! I am a bridge designer; would it be acceptable if 1 out of every 4 bridges I designed collapsed in their first month of service? "Hey, sorry your Mom went in the river, but 3 other of my bridges are still there for you to use."

1 of 4 is total disaster in engineering terms.

No, that's not what the results showed. The survey is for satisfaction with MFT which took into account many factors including ease of use, not a failure rate. The study showed satisfaction increasing as owners became more familiar with its operation. 100 - 73 does not equal a dissatisfaction rate, there was a large percentage of 'Undecided'.

Points to remember:

MFT is rated higher in customer satisfaction than SYNC was when launched. SYNC was considered a huge success and owner satisfaction rates continued to increase over time.

MFT satisfaction rate increases the longer the customer uses it.

MFT satisfaction increases when the customer is properly trained in its use.

The 2011 Explorer is ranked number in customer satisfaction in its category.

EXACTLY! I am a bridge designer; would it be acceptable if 1 out of every 4 bridges I designed collapsed in their first month of service? "Hey, sorry your Mom went in the river, but 3 other of my bridges are still there for you to use."

1 of 4 is total disaster in engineering terms.

As a designer, one would expect you to know the difference between satisfaction rates and failure rates. One would also expect a designer to be more insightful and not to jump to a conclusion that if 73% are satisfied/very satisfied that 27% are automatically dissatisfied.

Are 100% of people satisfied with the architecture of your bridges?

Is it a "total disaster" if 73% are satisfied or very satisfied with the look of your bridge? But 10% are unsatisfied with your bridge?

As mentioned, Gen I SYNC was considered a major success with lower satisfaction rates.

Even it is 10% failure rate, it is still unacceptable. For those that everyhting works, that's great. But for those that one thing is not working, that's great pain. Do not try to deny their suffers.

MFT, SYNC and GPS have a lot problems, that is a fact and that is hurting Ford sale right now. It is not ranked No. 1 in customer satisfaction, it is 23rd on JP Powers survey.

The X is a great car and I want to have one, but not until the bugs are worked out.

About 45% of American voters disapprove of the president, 50% of American workers are unsatisified with their jobs, and 50% of marriages end up in divorce in the US. So 27% dissatification of MFT is really not that bad here in America. LOL

I have to admit, I have had some issues with the MFT, but overall I'm still happy with it. Hopefully future updates to the operating system will make it work better.

Even it is 10% failure rate, it is still unacceptable. For those that everyhting works, that's great. But for those that one thing is not working, that's great pain. Do not try to deny their suffers.

MFT, SYNC and GPS have a lot problems, that is a fact and that is hurting Ford sale right now. It is not ranked No. 1 in customer satisfaction, it is 23rd on JP Powers survey.

The X is a great car and I want to have one, but not until the bugs are worked out.

Please show your work. Show proof that sales are down in direct relation to MFT to any significant amount. There may be a few holdouts, but there always are for different reasons. People don't buy the Explorer because its the first model year, or they don't buy an Ecoboost F-150 because they are unsure of a V6 to replace their V8. But the amount of sale impact that has is probably statistically insignificant (I don't know for sure, but I think only Ford knows one way or the other), especially if the holdouts are overtaken by people buying a product for the reason others are holding out. Someone buying an Ecoboost because it beats their Chevy's engine, or MFT being cool.

Also for the JDPower, it rates based on problems per 100 vehicles. So even if the complaint for MFT is that it is more difficult to use than they expected, which the JDPower showed was a common complaint, it counts as a problem on the same level as an airbag deploying for no reason.

I know people want to grab the pitchforks and fire, but without actual data as to the total failure rate, its all speculation.

The poll on here showed the vast majority of owners, 86%, have had no issues or minor issues.

73% of MFT owners surveyed are satisfied with MFT, which is a greater satisfaction rate than SYNC when it was launched. .
:rolleyes:

Even if accurate, 27% unsatisfied? Hardly something to point your finger at and say "SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH".

If the problems were just learning curve related, that would be fine - but they are not. They are in the software design.

No, that's not what the results showed. The survey is for satisfaction with MFT which took into account many factors including ease of use, not a failure rate. The study showed satisfaction increasing as owners became more familiar with its operation. 100 - 73 does not equal a dissatisfaction rate, there was a large percentage of 'Undecided'.

You don't have to go very far to find significant dissatisfaction. This is a disaster; consumers like myself, who actually LIKE THE EXPLORER (and this applies to other Ford products), and want to buy one, won't.

I don't fully trust a survey commissioned by Ford, many users won't complain about technological issues because they think they caused the issue. I've read the issues that are appearing and I would be FAR FROM SATISFIED, and no amount of training is going to make me happy with pulling fuses, and battery cable to make the system work. Ford has acknowledged that the UI (and/or the technology itself) is problematic and Ford has admitted as such when they needed to put training in place.

You don't see Kia or Dodge with this quantum of problems on their Uconnect.

I really like the Explorer, but who wants to buy problems? Can you just imagine it; taking your friends out in your new $50K car and the EMBARRASSMENT of having to pull fuses to get it to work?!

Except for the Sirius channel issues, which everyone else but me seems to have remedied, and the random gain of an hour on the clock on two occasions, the system has worked beautifully for me. No complaints except that it is so complicated that I'll never figure out how to use everything that is available on it. BTW, ver 2.8.

Please show your work. Show proof that sales are down in direct relation to MFT to any significant amount.

I don't have any real data, just by reading this forum, many potential buyers, me included, are holding back. Everyone in their right mind after reading this forum and others, should have a second thought. I think many owners may have had a second thought if they knew how many problems the X would have. First MY is not a excuse. I have a first MY Nissan Marano, I hesitated before I bought it, some one has problems with the then new CVT, Nissan increased the warrantty to 10 years. No one compained. I never had any problem with the car.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the X, the look, the feel, and the technology, and I want to have one, otherwise I won't be here. However, the love is based on the assumption that everythign supposed to work as claimed. Ford didnot put out a flawless product, that is a fact. Owners having less problem may be due to light use? Heavy users always tend to have problems first. Pointing out the issues is in hope that Ford can correct them. Denying the issues helps no one.

Ford agrees the technology issues are a problem:

“This is a trend we can’t ignore,” said Mark Fields, Ford’s president of the Americas"
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110627/BUSINESS03/306270040/New-car-quality-questioned

Mr. Fields has it right.

While Ford had a lot of success using social media to market this vehicle, that same social media can turn around and bite Ford. Ford doesn't need more items like this show up on the web:

http://www.minyanville.com/dailyfeed/2011/06/24/myford-touch-apparently-really-really/

This was the article that really alerted me to how bad things were. I think Ford is probably scrambling to deal with this; unfortunately bug fixes take time, and then QA, and then more fixes for the new bugs you've accidentally created.

I hope to see the results soon, and I hope that Ford provides full disclosure as to the fixes implemented so that I can have the confidence to buy.

I was afraid to even read this thread for fear of jinxing mine.

No issues so far... :shifty_ey

Calb

These articles have you concerned, my father who is 75 bought one and I told him to be patient and to use the system as much as possible. After 6 months he loves it. These reviewers have the vehicle for a week or less providing the important quote below as an issue:

"Could I have opened the manual and learned it? Probably. But I still contend that it should be intuitive, and this is most definitely not."[/I][/B]

Wow, another American who doesn’t want to read, shocking.

I’ve had my Explorer for a couple of months and am having no issues, yes once in a while I have to read the manual to figure out how to use something or I get home and play with the system and sure enough I figure it out. Some people run to the computer to complain just so they get an answer from someone else (easy way out). Most of the questions on this site could be answered if the owner would research first.

I agree that some people are having major issues, black screen, bugs, and so on and I know Ford will try their best to fix those vehicles. Hopefully this month. I just hope Ford does not dumb the system down to satisfy those who wish not to read or feel overwhelmed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You don't have to go very far to find significant dissatisfaction. This is a disaster; consumers like myself, who actually LIKE THE EXPLORER (and this applies to other Ford products), and want to buy one, won't.

The drama is strong in this one....

Back