• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• We are aware of the issue with our internal search engine and we will be bringing it back online shortly. For now please use the Google search bar near the top of each page. Thanks, Rick
^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Ambient lighting

sUnit

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Cadillac CTS
I know Fords before had the changeable ambient lighting. Does the 2020 Explorer (specifically the ST) have that? I couldn't find it in the order guide although I did see something about ambient lighting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Per the order guide:

INTERIOR/COMFORT

● AmbientLighting

As far as changeable, I know on the Superduty's, they removed it on the 2019 MY so all you have is the ice blue. We don't know if Ford is following suit with the Explorer. I know FORSCAN will allow you to activate the multi color menu in sync 3 but the LEDs are missing in the SDs and have to replace them all.

Unfortunately that is all the order guide says.

Last edited:

RayoVac

Reaction score
City, State
Northern, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
The ST I test drove had all the Ambient Lighting choices in the setup menus with the ability to change colors and brightness.

cpainter3

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Troy MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I believe ambient lighting is standard across all trim lines. Lots of color choices and intensity from 0% to 100%. Here’s the owners manual description:
B4993B22-D0FD-4483-AB81-8964FBA57A78.png

neocvera

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Regardless of your color selection, the door lights change to red when opened.