• Register Today It's free!

America racing rims on 99 sport

jimwww

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport 2dr, 5spd, OHV
I have done some searching on here however a 99 sport 2door has fender flares and 4 doors do not. My question deals with my 99 and i would like to put on AR23's and I am unsure if I should use 15x8 or 15x10 OR run 15x8 on front and 15x10 on the back. (since the wheels on the back are farther in than the front.) I don't intend to have tires go past the fenders- a little bit is ok..)
ar_ar23_sm_100.jpg

Offset: -19mm
Backspacing: 3.70"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114

I intend to do the TT lift up front and the Shackle lift in the back. I would like to run 32x11.5 BFG A/T's

Any advice?

Found em here but could buy from any vendor
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=AR235865SDC&wheelMake=American+Racing&wheelModel=AR23&wheelFinish=Silver+Machined+w%2FClearcoat&showRear=no&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Explorer+Sport+4wd&autoYear=1999&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

15X8 is perfect. 15x10 is too wide.

Centerlines look better!!! :D

And agreed, if you dont want your wheels to stick past fenders then Dont go with 15x10. Also try to get the backspacing as close to stock as you can. If you remember the Centerlines, they had a diff offset and stuck out farther than stock.

Back