Amp bypass 1st gen.....Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Amp bypass 1st gen.....Help!

Ian's 91ex

Reaction score
City, State
Vernon, BC Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
OK this is a crisis I don't care what you say....I have no tunes......How do I do an amp bypass in a 1st gen...I could figure it out, but you guys can help me out!I want to do it without buying the kit....I put my 10 in the factory enclosure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you dont care what I say, then it goes to AUDIO forum....

I dunno! but the last time my Head unit broke i drove around with a battery powered boom box in my passengers seat! good luck!

Please....Help me...I did a search... too many threads to find it.My truck is ripped apart and I have to fix it tommorow.I gotta work on sat.I know you guys can do a bypass.....tell me how.

Yea...I would like to do one too.Dude I can't beleive you are doing major S$%# and you never called me!

yes I was......I was in the garage.Jess was out.The kids must have been on the phone.

No luck?

Are you keeping the factory HU and front and rear speakers? Also what type of amp are you going to run?
Mono?

Allready got a pioneer HU, had it for a long time.Gonna run all the factory speakers off that, and put my 10 in the factory enclosure.Want to put my amp where the factory ones are...

So you just wanna know which wires are speaker in, speaker out and connect them?

Well I can't help ya there. I just left my factory system as is and added 1000D Memphis with 2 12in. Kicker L7's.
They hit pretty good and it sound good with the rest of the factory stuff.

So you are saying to leave the factory amp in?What is the wattage on it?

ok it's real easy.I just did mine,There are 2 harnesses into the big amp.The wires match up....You can tell which are the power, the rest line up.The first one to the first, etc.Mine is done.15 min, including sautering.

Back